Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the newest member of the Crossbay Cruisers Classics American Muscle Car Club (the Mustang club for the NYC/Long Island area), my Bullitt and I went to their big Summerfest Car Show at the Sears Auto Center in Hicksvill, L.I. on Sunday.

Here's a picture of me in line to register (at 8:15am! :eek: ) taken by the professional photographer working the event ( New York Digital Services )

I'm giving them a plug, because they were kind enough to email the original picture file (after I bought a cool T-Shirt which has this image on the front... but still I don't think it's normal procedure for a photographer to give up his original image file).

And here's my Bullitt parked around the corner from a few other Mustangs... a somewhat odd location, but I was technically in the "club members' area" and those other Mustangs were not.

Here are some other "club" Mustangs...

And here's a silver Mustang that has the same "engine turned aluminum" dash as our Bullitts...

Seeing this made me happy I am returning the Wood Dash Kit I recently received (because I didn't like the way the wood looked when I saw it for real... a much too glossy a finish for my tastes). Now I know that there are other Mustangs out there with dashes like ours. :) :) :)

There were a ton of '60's Muscle Cars... for example this Plymouth GTX...

and some amazing, classic hot rods...

... and some guy way driving around the show on a MOTORIZED BAR STOOL :eek: :eek: ...

... the Shelby GT 350 being raffled off in September was there...

... and a Delorean that has been converted to run completely on battery power...

... and there were some other attractions, although not as many as I expected...

... But the biggest surprise of the day came as I was preparing to leave... when the club's president, Linda, said "Hey, Steve... Don't leave without your trophy!".

They gave out a lot of trophies. And to be honest I didn't hear my name called. (Of course, at this point it was almost 6pm and I - like everyone - was suffering from being out in the heat all day. But I will tell you this. I had the only Bullitt there. There were no '68's or '01's there either. And as we all know, the Bullitt is The Coolest Mustang... right from the showroom... you can drive. It's got the stealthy looks... combined with the Steve McQueen and Ford Racing pedigree (is that the right word to use?). Mine looked clean and I had my "history book" and dealer's sticker displayed on the passenger's seat. So... what can I say? My Bullitt deserved it! :) :) :)

There are a ton more pictures (128 in all) from the show on PhotoBucket here.

I hope you all enjoy looking at them. It was a great first experience as a member of my local club. I'm looking forward to the events they'll do in August and September. :) :) :)

:cool:

Steve

and some

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Wow Steve, that is a nice trophy! Congrats! I am also glad that you passed on the wood dash.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Lol, I was about to say "that's one gaudy trophy" :)

I guess Ken and I have different tastes.

But hey, it's the honor that counts! Thanks for the pics and Congrats.

·
Registered
495 Posts
The Roush cars are the total opposite of our cars. They tack on so much gaudy crap as to make the car hideous to me. Bullitt's rule, less is more.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Steve takes Home the Trophy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Steve,

Hey Little Bro in

I kinda really was taken by the Couple of Pics that showed some of the ASSETS wandering around the Cars :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Hey, did you have to go back with a (Rented U-Haul) to take that Trophy home :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Well, did You :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OK, enough of being A Clown

Looks like it was a Very Fun Event & You came away with a Pretty Darn Nice Trophy. :smile:

Your Bullitt looked good in the Pics.

IMBOC OLD Pal,

Terry

·
Registered
505 Posts
"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kinda scary. I've wondered where this started, and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus and a clown killed my dad." -- Jack Handey

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
RCSignals said:
Way to show Steve.

That's a big trophy!

Did you buy me some Raffle tickets for that Shelby?

It's a good thing his B has fold-down back seats, or he never would have gotten that trophy home. :wink:

·
Car Whisperer
21,384 Posts
Congrats on the award and thanx for posting the pics!!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yo, Stevie
You may wanna borrow my trailer before the next show (in case they give you a trophy for parallel parking) and you gotta get it home in one piece.
Kidding aside.............it looks like you got bit by the "show" bug real bad. Now when we go to the show at Bear Mountain I will be in the company of a winner. No trophies given there, but they got real good $2 hot dogs.

Thanks for the pix........and you can almost feel the heat of the day.
Hesh

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Hesh said:
Yo, Stevie
You may wanna borrow my trailer before the next show (in case they give you a trophy for parallel parking) and you gotta get it home in one piece.
Kidding aside.............it looks like you got bit by the "show" bug real bad. Now when we go to the show at Bear Mountain I will be in the company of a winner. No trophies given there, but they got real good $2 hot dogs.

Thanks for the pix........and you can almost feel the heat of the day.
Hesh
Hi Hesh

I was thinking you might be at the Event. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But you were not.

Anyway, Our Mutual Buddy has it all covered :clap: :clap: :clap:

Later Big Guy :wink:

Terry

·
Registered
162 Posts
Steve,
Congrats on the trophy and thanks for great pics and narrative.
However, if you had installed a wood dash kit, I'm afraid we would have blackballed you, from IMBOC, and set your car on fire ( with you in it ).

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Steve - that rocks! No, YOU ROCK!!! :exclaim:

As for trophy's big and gaudy is good!

Didn't know that about that '67ish dash. Glad you returned the wood one.

As far as the motorized bar stool, last month's airshow featured the Thunderbird's... and a JET powered porta potty! LOL (cowboy town... yeeesh!) :lol:

CONGRATS FROM SOUTHERN OREGON BULLITT TERRITORY!

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BB2008 said:
Wow Steve, that is a nice trophy! Congrats! I am also glad that you passed on the wood dash.
Thanks, Ken! It's 2 1/2 feet tall! :eek: :eek: ..and says "1st" and "2008" on it.. so I guess it's a First Place trophy. :)

And thanks for noticing my comment about the wood dash. I really was trying to be faithful to the car McQueen drove... but I guess if I really wanted to be faithful I'd be driving a '68 replica! :lo;: :lol: :lol:

Steve

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Steve08 said:
Lol, I was about to say "that's one gaudy trophy" :)

I guess Ken and I have different tastes.

But hey, it's the honor that counts! Thanks for the pics and Congrats.
Thanks, Steve!

Yeah... I could do without the two different car images on the top. One would be fine. But I'm really getting a kick out of seeing it here in my apartment! :) :) :)

Steve

1 - 20 of 51 Posts