Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I took my car to Arlington Heights Ford to have them check out the odd sounding front brakes. I bought the car new from Packey Webb and got the 6 year 100,000 mile warranty back in February. I was told my car has lot rot and that is NOT covered under warranty by Ford. I would have to bring my car back down to Packey Webb just to have the rotors turned to get rid of the problems. What else could be bad with lot rot? I'm thinking the suspension components could have some damage? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Should be OK,

You're not going to get bushing cracking or rubber failure unless it's sitting for a long time after road grime gets in. Make sure all fittings are lubed and have them check for rust in all areas underneath. That's going to be the worst of it.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
fluid checks, possible changes, and drive the hell out of it IMHO

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Not covered? You should question that statement I certinly would. I would consider this so called lot rot "premature wear" witch is not normal or acceptable .Kick your complaints upstairs to district manager.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Jeff said:
So, I took my car to Arlington Heights Ford to have them check out the odd sounding front brakes. I bought the car new from Packey Webb and got the 6 year 100,000 mile warranty back in February. I was told my car has lot rot and that is NOT covered under warranty by Ford. I would have to bring my car back down to Packey Webb just to have the rotors turned to get rid of the problems. What else could be bad with lot rot? I'm thinking the suspension components could have some damage? What do you guys think?
Slightly off topic but could you tell me how much you paid for the 6 year/100,000 mile Ford extended warranty?

Did you get the warranty from a Ford dealer directly or did you shop around for the best price

·
Registered
627 Posts
Jeff said:
...I would have to bring my car back down to Packey Webb just to have the rotors turned to get rid of the problems...
Don't bother having the rotors turned to be rid of the surface rust on them... It really doesn't hurt anything, and just normal driving around town will remove that rust after a day or two.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Just spend an afternoon going from 100-0 and turn the rotors yourself. :lol:

Seriously though, find a better dealer. The Ford warranty is universal.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
first ford said:
Not covered? You should question that statement I certinly would. I would consider this so called lot rot "premature wear" witch is not normal or acceptable .Kick your complaints upstairs to district manager.
agree with this 100%

It's not wear that occurred while in your possession. You paid them for a new car, I do not think it's unreasonable for them to have the car put in new condition for you.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I feel your pain. get a Clay bar kit and a 6 pack and do some bonding with your new ride. Do change the oil, I did mine at 500 miles and the oil was in bad shape. Shoulda doen it when I took delivery, but it only had 15 miles on it!

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I don't know what lot rot is, but rust on the rotors happens when the cars is not driven and the rotors get wet. Many cars set on dealer lots for months.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts