Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just noticed my car has gt c pillars not bullitt ones i am the 3rd owner so i thought someone hooked them at one piont the car has not been wrecked i bought bullitt sail panel and took the car apart today and they are from the factory they have no overspay of any other car color on them or anything now i have to paint the rear quarters because the bullitt c pillers tuck in tighter on the quarter panel and there is no color from when the car was painted at the factory anyone ever seen this.

·
Registered
394 Posts
The factory did make that mistake on some cars. They even had GT on one side and Bullitt c-pilar on the other once. Dealers usually did not notice wrong c-pilars.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the thing is do i leave it or make it right i was trying to sell the car and a guy picked that up thought the car had been rolled over or something.:doubt: or is it worth more cause its a blem car

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
if it were me, I would fix it...
a blem is only worth it to few select people.. and given that, at least 10 more years to get any interest in a blem

That said, I would have looked over your car no questions ask when I was looking for my B.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea think im gonna fix it right i have a little ding in the wheel lip anyway so i will fix that and shoot the quarters make it perfect think im gonna keep the car anyway. i looked at this car everyday never even saw those were the wrong pilars::eek: thats ford quality built right there.

·
Registered
771 Posts
My answer would be...

Fix the pillars to be correct, store the incorrect pillar, with pictures to document they are the pillars that were on the car and that you changed them....

However, being the third owner, there's no telling if the factory errored, or one of the previous two owners had an issue. After all, it coulda been something stupid like the car was parked in a garage, something fell off a shelf and whacked the pillar, chipping it. It damaged it enough that it had to be replaced. The body shop was ignorant of the Bullitt/GT pillar difference. You get the idea.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
TB 688 has one of each...I'm gonna leave it, but it's in the garage, now. If I was driving it daily, I would replace, but keep the GT pillars...it's like a rare coin.

just my 2 cents.

Ichibanbullitt

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea i painted them today gonna fix the quarters next weekend its just the pillars car has the right glass. thats some crazy crap i have owned a ton of mustangs never seen this before

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have correct glass on both sides but the passenger side is a GT sail panel.

Having both on their I can honestly say the cut of the actual bullitt sail panel looks so much better and I one day hope to fine one somewhere already DHG but in the end it'll likely be this way forever.

I bought it without noticing and it took about 2 weeks before I finally noticed while washing it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i can tell all of you that have a wrong 1 you just cant swap it out the gt sail panel bows out on the quarter the bullitt 1 rides the belt line so when you take it off you got about 1/2in overspray line along the top of the quarter panel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know this is an old thread, i have been searching about the "factory defect" C pillars and this popped up. My car #0475 has one Bullitt and one GT panel. It has the correct Bullitt glass on both sides. Was there any documentation about the error on record?

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,297 Posts
I know this is an old thread, i have been searching about the "factory defect" C pillars and this popped up. My car #0475 has one Bullitt and one GT panel. It has the correct Bullitt glass on both sides. Was there any documentation about the error on record?
Mike, Factory made several Bullitt/GT mistakes during builds. The C-pillars were one, rocker panels were another, wong corral on front grill, wrong tail pipes, wrong front seats, gauges. Why one member that joined here had a GT engine!

I would say that pretty much everything external anyway, were GT parts put on the Bullitt by mistake.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mike, Factory made several Bullitt/GT mistakes during builds. The C-pillars were one, rocker panels were another, wong corral on front grill, wrong tail pipes, wrong front seats, gauges. Why one member that joined here had a GT engine!

I would say that pretty much everything external anyway, were GT parts put on the Bullitt by mistake.
I was reading about some of that. Did Ford ever accept what they had done, or was it blown off?

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
You guys must be mistaken. Ford NEVER makes mistakes. :wink2:
That is the same thing I tell my coworkers every day. I NEVER make mistakes..... but I sure make a lot of errors. Just not mistakes. :grin2:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts