Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joking, who wouldn't love the bullitt?!?! I just want to ask though: what are the best ways to add some horse power and torque to my bullitt. I'm new to this, and looking for all the tips I can get.

Thanks!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Cold air induction kit or ram air is a good place to start. Maybe a set of final drive gears. 3.73 seem to be the preferance. As far as simple mods on the bullitt any further and you would risk some of the "uniqueness." Opening up the exhaust would certainly help although you would lose the custom sound. Maybe a set of headers or a Dr. Gas X pipe. The options are endless. Just look around the boards a bit. Everyone tools around a bit. But it might be in your best interest to look at a Mustang GT based message board. This crowd is far less likely to do heavy modding on their cars due to exclusivity.
Here are some links for you to look at though.
www.blueovalnews.com
www.karkraft.com
www.drgas.com
www.densecharger.com
These are just a start. I'm positive you will find MILLIONS more links and begin the process of making your mustang truly YOURS. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-06-07 01:05, Lok N Lod wrote:
But it might be in your best interest to look at a Mustang GT based message board. This crowd is far less likely to do heavy modding on their cars due to exclusivity.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Lol. It is amazing how much things have changed since the car first came out. Seems like originality flew right out the door (for the most part).

~Colby

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Colby,
I was thinking the same thing. A year ago you would always read post regarding wanting to keep the Bullitt as close to OEM as possible. As time went on though you see less and less of those posts I was just like that when I bought the car. I still am to some degree. I mean I don't want to go cutting and drilling wholes into my baby but a blower huh why not, I could always take it off and put back to stock. I think what it is, at least for me it was that I realize I want to keep the car forever and if I want to enjoy the car the way I want to then I guess you really have no choice. I realize that if it is ever going to be worth money down the line the buyer will be looking to purchase a stock one. Fact is it will be 30 years before that could be and what are we supposed to do meanwhile. Pay the cars off at like $500 a month and not enjoy them the way we want. If you take the time to do things right you can always put the car back to the way it was. For instance when I put in a new cat-back I didn't cut mine out. I went through the trouble to drop the rear and snake them off around the axle. My original Bullitt exhaust is still in one piece. No remnants of ever being taking off.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
I neatly sawzalled mine off at seam at back of muffler=easy to reweld invisibly, if I ever get tired of Magnaflow catback, which is not likely. These cars are made to be modified. As long as you keep the original bits and don't do any permanent damage, who cares? Drove Muffinboy's stocker last week and while it is a fun car to drive, it really made me appreciate how much my mods have transformed my car. It's an absolute blast to drive. I'd say necessities are-full Densecharger,3.73s,Hypertech Programmer, shifter(you choose),Magnaflow catback and xpipe w/cats. Not much $ and you can't go wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts