Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if the 08 Bullitt package includes the My Color dash lighting. It is not stated in the option package. Did the pre productions units have it? No big deal either way. I know the instrument cluster has the gunsite graphics, but no other mention of the color switchable LED lights.

My dealership got an 08 GT500 in a couple weeks ago and It had the ambient lighting option on it. That did not impress me at all. I did the roadtest on it though and I love how they perform.

Mike.....:wink:

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
You can't get the My Color in either the Bullitt or the GT500- they have completely different instrument panel faces. Ford still offers the option on all the other Mustangs.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Wrong! :) The dash does come with MyColor. I confirmed this through documents my dealer got from Ford. :D yay!

·
Registered
803 Posts
It is used quite extensively in the s197s and I don't see them getting rid of it. It's a part of the Interior Upgrade Package.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Yeah, it has the gauges listed as custom 6 guages with gunsite graphics, diff. font, and mycolor instrument lighting.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
I think you're wrong. Everything I have read and seen shows that My Color is not available. Ambient lighting is available- which is a completely different option. Don't listen to your dealer- those guys don't know the difference between these 2 options.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
My color doesn't work on the instrument cluster on the 08. (Or at least it doesn't work on the PP vehicles, I can vouch for that. :)

I think red might look nice on the dash cluster, and then the green, but beyond that. Blech. :) Oh, dark blue on the black car might be nice too.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Here's what you CAN'T get-

BULLITT PACKAGE (54B) (Job #2)
Not available with:
• Premier Trim w/color accent package (68B),Comfort pack
(53B), Cal Special (54C), GT Appearance Pack (54G), Heated
drivers/passengers seats (65A), Interior Upgrade pack (18G),
Sport Interior Appearance pack w/color accent (18M), Racing
stripes, "over the top" (47A) or genuine ford accessory chrome
exhaust tips (90E).

In order to get the My Color you have to have the 18G pack. My Color is not a seperate option.

·
Premium Member
6,282 Posts
I have seen lists of options available on the new Bullitt as posted by Mike and Greg ..... no My Color.

So the 18G pack includes what group of options?

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Interior Upgrade Package (incl. bright polished six-gauge instrument cluster
w/My Color feature, bright shift knob & satin register vents w/satin aluminum
spokes on steering wheel, door latches, door scuff plate. Also incl. message
center, leather-wrapped steering wheel & Dark Charcoal Aberdeen pattern
front door panel inserts); Req. either 67L or 67D instrument panel appliqué
below

·
Registered
803 Posts
Guys, I have the paperwork right here that has it listed as a special dash with mycolor available. :) It may not be on the PP vehicles, but it is there. IUP is just not available with it. It is directly from stuff that was sent to the dealers from Ford. I have the stuff if anyone wants me to send it to them. The bullitt has its own IUP per say. The dash cluster is not a hard thing to move over to it. You can just replace the whole cluster for the MyColor. That is what Ford is doing for production vehicles. Like I said, I'll send photocopies of the official docs if anyone wants them. I can't copy and paste the text b/c they are photocopies from my other dealership.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Haha, I like the word "stuff." It snowed a lot today... definitely a bad day for a mustang lover.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
wally05 said:
Haha, I like the word "stuff." It snowed a lot today... definitely a bad day for a mustang lover.
:)

I did drive PP06 to work though.. it was very stable in the snow, surprisingly so.

You make a good point.. just because mycolor doesn't work on the gauges on the PP vehicle, doesn't mean it won't make it into production. Perhaps one of the Ford folks can clarify it for us.

Mike

·
Registered
803 Posts
I hope so, the myColor dash is a very cool feature. :) I asked my other dealer about it. But, since the correspondance is from Ford to the dealers, I'm hoping it's not wrong. :)

The new mustangs have a very good balance built into them. I know of quite a few guys using snow tires and just driving them in the winter. Since I have my Jeep 4x4 Cherokee, I just use that. :)

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
I've got the My Color on my 05 and I like the feature- I was disappointed when I read it was not available on the Bullitt. No review of the car, nor any info I have read makes any mention of the My Color being available. But I'll guess we'll know for sure within a month.

·
Registered
803 Posts
i JUST got done listing all the stuff from the document... then the stupid forum went crazy and erased it all by suddenly logging me out, haha. I'll post the GIFs of the documents in a sec.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
wally05 said:
Guys, I have the paperwork right here that has it listed as a special dash with mycolor available. :) It may not be on the PP vehicles, but it is there. IUP is just not available with it. It is directly from stuff that was sent to the dealers from Ford. I have the stuff if anyone wants me to send it to them. The bullitt has its own IUP per say. The dash cluster is not a hard thing to move over to it. You can just replace the whole cluster for the MyColor. That is what Ford is doing for production vehicles. Like I said, I'll send photocopies of the official docs if anyone wants them. I can't copy and paste the text b/c they are photocopies from my other dealership.

Yes, it may not be listed as an 'option' because it's already included.

I guess we'll find out

1 - 20 of 24 Posts