Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

Registered
I love the 19 Bullitt, but the right 13 Boss for about 10K less money is pretty enticing.

now if the Bullitt prices came down a bit more, that would be a different story.
In the end I think I could really enjoy either one馃槑

Premium Member
For me it would be the Boss 302. The engine itself is a collector item with unique cams, head work, HD valve train, forged pistons, sintered rods, upgraded oil pan, runner type intake, etc. Adjustable shocks, and unique suspension tuning, plus all the other Boss stuff. The Boss S-197 chassis is >400 pounds lighter than the S-550. So, power to weight is virtually the same. Granted the 19 Bullit with IRS and bigger tires has higher grip levels, but for me the transmission ratios are a disappointment. It all depends on what you like. I did up a base 11 GT for a friend, with 3:73's, for the track and with a full FP suspension, tune, X pipe and GT 500 mufflers, it keeps up with the new stuff. Good luck with your search.
Shhh! Don鈥檛 pump up that car so much, it鈥檚 my holy grail ,if all the stars Aline dream car.
Laguna Seca Edition, 馃槀馃槀

Registered
Shhh! Don鈥檛 pump up that car so much, it鈥檚 my holy grail ,if all the stars Aline dream car.
Laguna Seca Edition, 馃槀馃槀
Oops, let鈥檚 try and keep those positive comments to ourselves.
Maybe prices will come down for winter storage...lol

Premium Member
The Lagunas are hard to find and are asking crazy money. I'd love to have one too, but I'm not paying Bullit money for one. I'd but a Bullit and re-gear the transmission for the track, or throw at GT 350 gearbox in?

Premium Member
The Lagunas are hard to find and are asking crazy money. I'd love to have one too, but I'm not paying Bullit money for one. I'd but a Bullit and re-gear the transmission for the track, or throw at GT 350 gearbox in?
ooh, GT 350 gearbox, winner ! Thanks for another great tip/idea.

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
So it looks like I'm a little closer to decision time. Finally decided to put the GT500 up for sale. Here's the c-list ad in case anyone is interested: https://treasure.craigslist.org/cto/d/stuart-2009-ford-gt500/7216402809.html

My daughter votes Bullitt. My wife refuses to vote but prefers I do not buy another car out of state after the fiasco that occurred w/the GT500 (another story for another day.)

So it appears, I'll be buying another Bullitt. I have one lined up already, exactly as I want it, but prefer to sell my GT500 first. I just posted it yday so we'll see if there are any valid buyers shopping first.
Lee

Premium Member
Happy Wife, Happy Life. Bullit is a good choice, new car, warranty, happy daughter. Good luck with both deals!

Administrator
Your GT500 is super nice!

Reactions: spectreman

Premium Member
Sounds like Lee is fixing to 鈥渂ite the Bullitt鈥!(y)

Premium Member
Congrats! I think you made the right decision. I was in a similar (sort of) boat as you in late 2018. I had a '14 GHIG GT/CS Vert and have always wanted a Bullitt but timing was never right. I had a Legend Lime '06 GT before the '14 GHIG so we like the greens and loved all the compliments on the GHIG so I was a little concerned I'd blend too much and wouldn't be as noticeable in the DHG Bullitt.

WOW was I wrong, I am always getting people asking me about the color and saying how much they love it. Now if you bought a Black Bullitt, I cant help you there LOL.

Only thing I miss is the convertible top sometimes. I loved my '14 but I always thought it was the least attractive of the last three we've owned. I'd say in order of my preference right now is '19, '06, '14.
Congrats again!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts