Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the SCT X3 today. The 1st thing I noticed after tuning is how much smoother the car felt at low throttle. Then opened it up, and it felt a bit stronger on the butt-o-meter. But this really was just in preperation for my next 2 mods, 4.10 gears and off road X pipe.

I'm going to try to get on the dyno next week, and compare stock vs. tuned and see what the X3 was worth in bone stock form.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I take it you are just going to make a couple or three pulls to see where your power level is at, right? No need in having it custom tuned by a shop until you get those other 2 mods installed.

Which dyno you going to? If you are located relatively near Charlotte, I HIGHLY recommend Pro-Dyno. Dan has to be one of the most knowledgable Mustang people on the planet. If you are in the Raleigh area, I recommend Fastlane Motorsports.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm just going to get numbers, no custom tuning. Just want to see where I'm at, and get a baseline.

You're the 2nd person to recommend Pro-Dyno to me. I've also heard really really good things from Fastlane. There is an SCT dynotuner here in Fayetteville, but with all the recommendations, I'll probably use Fastlane, they're about 2 hours closer to me than Pro-Dyno, and I haven't heard anything bad about them at all.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Rich01Bullitt said:
I'm just going to get numbers, no custom tuning. Just want to see where I'm at, and get a baseline.

You're the 2nd person to recommend Pro-Dyno to me. I've also heard really really good things from Fastlane. There is an SCT dynotuner here in Fayetteville, but with all the recommendations, I'll probably use Fastlane, they're about 2 hours closer to me than Pro-Dyno, and I haven't heard anything bad about them at all.
Sounds good Rich. I would recommend Pro-Dyno to anyone. Dan can do amazing things with a Mustang. He just squeezed a safe tune 636/604 out of my buddies 2.3l Whippled Cobra. Darren and the guys over at Fastlane know their stuff too.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
OK, got the 2nd Mod today. Bought a UPR X-Pipe from Holcomb Motorsports this morning. Going to have it installed later this afternoon or tomorrow.

I also found out that Tunable Induction aka Densecharger is less than 10 miles from my house, so I contacted him, and he's building a cold air intake for me and I should have it sometime shortly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts