Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading alot of the posts and it's been very informative. I am not new to the Mustang scene and have a considerable amount of knowledge about them. I will be trading in my 1995 GT for a Mustang Bullitt in about a week or two and am a bit hesitant to do so. It seems that the majority of people have been having problems with these cars as well as the dealers who sell them. I haven't heard many good things about them. Is there anyone out there who can tell me what "major" things to look for before I buy it and what "luck" people have had with the car and not bad luck. I'm getting discouraged about a car which is truly collectible and one I really would love to own. Any help would be greatly aprreciated! I believe the number on this one is 00972 or 00927. One of the two. Thanks alot.....

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
Most of the problems are piddly stuff (most) that comes with buying any new car I believe. We are all just being very picky. The car is under warranty for 3 years and it is a burnden to take it in all the time. Make a list for your dealer and they will take care of them for you. The Bullitt is "well worth your wait and you will be pleasantly pleased with your car". That is a quote from someone from the plant while I was waiting for my Bullitt to go down the assembly line back in April.

We are very happy with ours and we have had a few problems (all taken care of) and we are thoroughly enjoying the ride.

Just remember you have 3 years to get all the problems (if you have ANY-some people don't have any!) fixed.

Vicki

·
Registered
586 Posts
All of the drawbacks to buying a new Mustang are more than offset by the joy of owning and running a Bullitt. It is an increadibly satisfying ride and can't be replicated by any other 'stang. You won't know if you don't get one. I'm really happy that I didn't get a Cobra. A regular GT would have been alot of fun for me, too. The Bullitt just filled a void that I didn't realize existed. It's a real show-stopper.

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
I can guarantee that you are going to love the car, both my wife and I enjoy it. Unlike some of the other owners in this forum we have not had a single problem with the car it was delivered in perfect condition thanks to our dealer. And to top it off the car runs great and sounds fantastic almost as nice as our 1971 with the 351 cleveland.
Drive it and enjoy it, this car is my 7'th Mustang and of any stang built after 1973 the sweetest.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I haven't had any complaints either. Mine was built in June; from what I've read on this board in the last 2 weeks it seems that the earlier ones had some troubles (paint problems, computer chip problems) that I haven't experienced. And it rides and sounds like the good old 'stangs too. :grin:

·
Registered
452 Posts
I think all new cars, and I have owned 4 in the last 3 years, have bugs in them. Sometimes you just need to work them out.

Remember that they are built by humans.... in the boozing capital of the world D-Town. I grew up in D-Town area.. and all the auto workes were huge boozers... it was even real comman to drink on the job. The real joke is to see what day your car was bulit on.. if it is built on a monday it could have a lot of buggs due to all teh hangovers....This is a bit of an exserbation of the facts.. but some truth can be had
Doug

·
Registered
121 Posts
Remember, nobody says "I did not have a headache today." What makes it to these boards is the problems, to see if others are having the same problems and if there is a reasonable way to work it out. I have the dirty headlight lense problem that many others have had, but NO other problems so far. No clunking trans or anything yet at 1800 miles. To avoid buying a Bullitt based on some problem discussions here would be a mistake.

·
Registered
32 Posts
How many bullitts are produce- 5 or 6 grand- how many complaints here- I mean serious like my car stopped in the middle of the road or the tranny stopped?- maybe 10 - yeah. OK and let's say there are 200 more with serious troubles who don't post on the board. Your chances are still pretty good of picking up a reliable vehicle. Look, I am not excusing Ford- their process control for building cars is inferior to their Japanese competition- notice I didn't say their workers are inferior- its their management. Even with that, most people I know with stangs have had reliable cars. Buy this car. My only complaint is that the exhaust is too quiet.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have never enjoyed a car this much before. My first car, a 68 Firebird 350HO, was close, but some of that is because it was the first. The only trouble I had with the Bullitt was o-ring leak in the air conditioner. Dealer pressured me into getting the car back ASAP. He said he could not afford to have a defective Bullitt driving arround, they attract too much attention. You will not regret buying a Bullitt.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ha! You think that these cars are problems....

well....here is some useful advice....go buy a Lightning! Now there is a reliable and dependable truck. Trust me, I had one (99 L) and can relate to this talk of unreliability.

:wink:

Seriously....I haven't had any complaints other than a little squeal out of my rear brake which is due to the high metallic content of the pads and all of this damn humidity.

don't worry....enjoy it!!!!!

Paul G.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yes there are a few ...very few who are having serious problems,But.......These cars are so much more than GT Mustangs.Even those who have the big problems talk about the things they "LOVE" about their Bullitt.You WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED. !!! As others have said. "Its a new car ,make the dealer fix it"

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Once you get the Bullitt and crive it home you will see why you got it!!! My dad was giving me grief when I got mine and after he rode in it to his friends house to show it of he started o come around, but after we got there he completely understood why I got it. We weren't parked in the drive way more than 10 mins and three cars stopped and began asking what it was and commenting on how cool it was. Since that night he hasn't said a word about the car or even the car payment!!!! :grin: A car like this doesn't come along very often and won't again for a while.
Cam
BTY-This is my first new car. Gave up my 98GT and never thought twice about it!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chilli bullitt on 2001-08-07 23:40 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
What a great car the Bullitt is! Only problem thus far has been a small dent that was in the car when I purchased it new almost four years ago. Happened either at the dealer or the factory. Dent Wizard fixed it.

-Collin

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Gee, PY do you think you've helped the guy make a decision??? :lol: Guess they don't exactly call you "quick draw" around the station :lol:

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
:lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Yeah, guess I'm a little late to post here. :lol:

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
:rotfl:

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Wow, I traded in a '95 Mustang GT also. As much as I enjoyed the Bullitt in the two years that I had it...*ducking*...I miss the '95 Mustang GT more than I do the Bullitt. :cry:

Once the PowerBall gods shine on me, I'll buy one of each and a garage to put them in. :lol: Of course, I wouldn't stop there!!

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2005-06-23 23:36, 99 CVPI wrote:
As much as I enjoyed the Bullitt in the two years that I had it...*ducking*...I miss the '95 Mustang GT more than I do the Bullitt.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

:eek: :eek:
:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2005-06-23 23:36, 99 CVPI wrote:
Wow, I traded in a '95 Mustang GT also. As much as I enjoyed the Bullitt in the two years that I had it...*ducking*...I miss the '95 Mustang GT more than I do the Bullitt. :cry:

Once the PowerBall gods shine on me, I'll buy one of each and a garage to put them in. :lol: Of course, I wouldn't stop there!!

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
How do you say "Lock and Load!" :wub:

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Comparing the Bullitt to other later model Mustangs, the Bullitt may be the best of them all. I have had the opportunity to put some miles on a 2004 Mustang GT and the Bullitt performs noticeably better. The handling, suspension, clutch, frame, engine etc are built for better performance. I have never driven a Mach 1 or a Mustang Cobra but the Bullitt is more or a performance car than all the rest, I suspect.

At a recent open track day at a local road track, the Bullitt was very impressive. I know that the 04 GT would not have performed as well.

I have been a Bullitt owner since December and have had no problems although the paint does not seem to be as resistant to stone chips as I would like.

The 05 GT? Yeah, nice car, but 200,000 05s built? The Bullitt....5582 Built with only 3041 in DHG, I looooove the Bullitt!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: photorick on 2005-06-24 07:33 ]</font>

1 - 20 of 21 Posts