Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ran my first run and only run in my bullitt and i ran 14.1 at 101.3. thats not bad considering it was a little wet out. im satisfied. im gonna do it again tonight. try some 0-60 times also. last night I got a 0-60 time of 5.8 but it was a little wet. tonight i will have the true results.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Norman on 2001-12-01 16:33 ]</font>

·
Registered
109 Posts
Norman, not to pour cold water on your results, but don't put too much faith into your g-tech readouts. They can be notoriously off by quite a bit! How much? It varies (and that's part of the problem right there), but in a world where fractions of a tenth make all the difference, having a readout that's off by as much as half of a second is totally unacceptable.

Don't believe me? Hook up your g-tech and run it at a track AT THE SAME TIME and compare it to the track's time slip. Me and my buddies took out our Mustangs last year and my bone-stock Cobra ran only 14.4 @ 97 mph...but the g-tech read something like 14.0 @ 100 mph ON THE SAME RUN! Same thing happened with my buddies.

Sure, my driving sucks, and that's okay with me, but the difference in the two timers is the point---whether your running 9's or 29's in a '74 Vega. I'll take the track's timeslip anyday.

What can I say, this was just me and my friends' experience with the g-tech pro. For sure it gives you SOME idea of what's going on with your car, but it should never be used to bank your reputation (or money!) on. The worst thing is to brag about your g-tech times... and have others that know better snickering behind your back. :oops:

Please, I hope you don't take any of this the wrong way--- I WASN'T TRYING TO FLAME AT ALL.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: evil428 on 2001-12-01 17:31 ]</font>

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your info. I know that g tech can be inaccurate. i had a contour svt and i was running 15 flat at 90 with g tech and when i took it to the track i was running 15.6 at 88. but i will mostly use gtech for 0-60 times so i can practice my start. do you think 0-60 will be inaccurate also?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Norman on 2001-12-01 18:34 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
The G-tech will ALWAYS show a higher speed than the track because the track is an AVERAGE of the last 60 feet where as the G-tech is the actual speed at the end of the quarter. It is a little bit like comapring apples to oranges here because of they way the measurement is made two different ways. If you had a radar gun it would show higher than the track would also.
Here are some third party opnions, None of these people are selling the G-tech.

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/9190/g-tech.html

http://www.edmunds.com/news/innovations/articles/43037/article.html

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Miscellaneous/GTechPro.htm
Mid Life Crisis #388

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mid Life Crisis #388 on 2001-12-01 19:39 ]</font>

·
Registered
199 Posts
Personally I wouldn't claim any G-tech times as being accurate. That being said I also feel like the G-tech is a nice peice of equipment to have. If and when you decide to do any modifications to the car you can see the results with the G-tech instead of having to go to the track, dyno or trust your SOTP.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Exactly, Bullitt1164, I too think the g-tech is a nice piece to have (especially for the price!). It's great to use to compare each improvement in performance with each mod you decide to make to our Bullitts.

It'll also help you chart your personal time improvements, as long as you consistantly use it as your constant variable (and not against other "apples" or "oranges").

Hope you keep improving! :grin:

Hey, check out the 13.33 @ 102.19 in "stock" trim...

http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=3334&forum=3&49

·
Registered
444 Posts
Your right the g-tech is not very accurate but it can give you an idea if the car is performing better after a change. If the 1/4 mile times are off the 0-60MPH will be also. It may be off even more. You need a more accurate gauge since your measuring a shorter time and distance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts