Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was merging into traffic in a lane next to a black Mercedes convertible (didn't catch the number, don't care, but it's that sporty-lookin' one) with the top down. We ended up more or less next to each other at a light behind several cars; he in the left lane, me in the right. He looked like he was driving his dad's car. I caught him side-glancing at me, trying not to be obvious. He was sitting with that posture that just says, "Oh yeah, I know I'm the man." The light changed, and the cars in front of me all turned right, so I had to wait, but in the mean time, he was moving on, and changed over to my lane to pass somebody. The road was clear between me and him, so I figured...what the heck. I've never pushed my Bullitt, and still think I haven't, but I put my foot down and... damn... talk about loud! I was certainly impressed, and I think I scared the crap out of him. With his top down, he certainly heard me coming. He moved out of the way and I shot right past him.

Victory or not, it was a fun ride for me. I now have had a better glimpse at just what my new friend #968 can do, and I look forward to experience all of its abilities.

·
Registered
451 Posts
That's a great story! I don't ever want to make anyone else feel bad about their car of choice, EVER. BUT, when someone decides to throw a little 'tude your way it's good to be able to throw it back if you so choose. I was amazed at how loud it got the first time I romped on it as well. Goodbye mellow, hello volume when the RPM's get up there.

Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts