Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just stopped in and saw a new 09 Shelby GT500 on the floor. He has $10,000 "added market value" added to the price. They are not even as rare as the Bullitt's. Lets see 5,000 Shelby 500's every year for the last 3 years against a 7,700 total issue one time production Bullitt. Im not including 2001 Bullitts because they are not available new. I am not including the smaller Shelby because that has also stopped production, although there are some on the lots I think. Which would you pick for 10 years in the future? I bet the Shelby 500 will be up to 59,000 total by then. The 08 Bullitt will be about a 10 to 1 rarer car by 2020. I think both Bullitt's win the rarer car title easy, don't you? Cisco :dhg01:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey Cisco,
The guy is outta this world ! Here it is with dealers loaded with SUV's and "high" performance (actually just big) engines and gas prices going up, and banks going down, and he's attaching a premium to a Shelby.
He has missed his chance by at least one year. I guess greed knows no bounds.
Just enjoy your Bullitt, dont worry about what it gonna be worth........because the joy is driving it TODAY (at least if it stops raining).
Hesh

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Or a 40 grand markup on a new KR Mustang!! If,I ever feel the need to power update,my old 85 LX,an all aluminum,427 cube Windsor,from World Products,should keep me in the running,with the new stuff coming out of Detroit!

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
The Rare Bullitts of the

Mornin Cisco,
Lets take your point forward a little. There are many more Bullitts being used as daily drivers. More of the GT500 will be weekend cars and garage queens. Forward to 2020 due to the daily driver status, sadly a number of the Bullitt will no longer with us so the rarity of the Bullitt will be even greater. I expect the GT500 will still be more popular but for the people in the know, the Bullitts will be harder to come by.

·
Registered
934 Posts
JackDW - 852 said:
Mornin Cisco,
Lets take your point forward a little. There are many more Bullitts being used as daily drivers. More of the GT500 will be weekend cars and garage queens. Forward to 2020 due to the daily driver status, sadly a number of the Bullitt will no longer with us so the rarity of the Bullitt will be even greater. I expect the GT500 will still be more popular but for the people in the know, the Bullitts will be harder to come by.

This is one of the points that "swayed" me to the Bullitt over the GT500. Well, that and the extra $20K :lol: !

·
Registered
43 Posts
My Bullitt will be a daily driver just like the 2004 F-150 that preceded it... when i traded the truck in, it only had 21000 miles. I use my Harley for most of the daily commuting to and from work, but that one only has 3500 miles on it so far. Plan to have both for a very very long time to come.

·
Registered
934 Posts
JD_Bullitt said:
My Bullitt will be a daily driver just like the 2004 F-150 that preceded it... when i traded the truck in, it only had 21000 miles. I use my Harley for most of the daily commuting to and from work, but that one only has 3500 miles on it so far. Plan to have both for a very very long time to come.

Where did you get yours JD?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Apples to Oranges

While I agree that the Additional Dealer Markups are really DUMB, take it from me, you are comparing apples to oranges.

Besides, I didn't buy either of my Special Edition 2008 Mustangs because of their "rarity" or their value in 10 years. I bought them for their factory performance options to drive...

EDIT: And DAMN DO THEY DRIVE NICE!!!

Cisco said:
I just stopped in and saw a new 09 Shelby GT500 on the floor. He has $10,000 "added market value" added to the price. They are not even as rare as the Bullitt's. Lets see 5,000 Shelby 500's every year for the last 3 years against a 7,700 total issue one time production Bullitt. Im not including 2001 Bullitts because they are not available new. I am not including the smaller Shelby because that has also stopped production, although there are some on the lots I think. Which would you pick for 10 years in the future? I bet the Shelby 500 will be up to 59,000 total by then. The 08 Bullitt will be about a 10 to 1 rarer car by 2020. I think both Bullitt's win the rarer car title easy, don't you? Cisco :dhg01:

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Black GT500 said:
While I agree that the Additional Dealer Markups are really DUMB, take it from me, you are comparing apples to oranges.

Besides, I didn't buy either of my Special Edition 2008 Mustangs because of their "rarity" or their value in 10 years. I bought them for their factory performance options to drive...

Although I do plan to buy another car and step the B down to a weekender after it is paid off, I bought it to drive it also.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
How interesting

tigerhonaker
I'm with you on this.Looks like I should have kept my less common Bullitt and said screw the GT500.:badgrin:

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I would take the GT500 first , second and third. I do not care about how rare a car is, I drive my way through life.

·
Registered
934 Posts
STJonesin4 said:
This is one of the points that "swayed" me to the Bullitt over the GT500. Well, that and the extra $20K :lol: !

I did say the extra 20K made a difference too. It's not like either car is an investment - of course, it may be safer than the bank right now.

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
rblack4405 said:
I would take the GT500 first , second and third. I do not care about how rare a car is, I drive my way through life.
I agree. I may be keeping the daily miles down a little right now on the '08 but only so I can drive it longer on weekends and outings. Besides, the '01 is serving as DD right now. :badgrin:

·
Registered
220 Posts
In Denver, CO at O'Meara Ford they are marking up their GT500s 20K and they had a black Bullitt marked up 10K.
The same day that I bought mine (this past Friday) I was up in Ft. Collings looking at GT-H, but the poor thing was in sad condition. Once my wife and I left, we went to O'Meara to look for a Bullitt. They had a black one in the show room so I went over to check it out. I asked the guy if we could drive it, after telling him we had financing all setup and that I would be trading my 04 Cobra (20K miles on it). He told me we couldn't drive it because it was a rare car. I then asked why I would buy it if I couldn't even test drive the car. He then told me he didn't think we could afford it (this was the new car sales manager) because it had a 10K markup on it. I was shocked to say the least. At that point I walked out of the dealership. I was fuming! He had no idea of our income or even what my wife and I do for a living.
From there we decided to head to Castle Rock (Medved Ford) to see what they had. They also had a 08 BLK Bullitt on the lot. I spoke to Gabe (our sales guy) and he said he had no markup and we were welcome to test drive the car (it had 10 miles on the clock). We ended up getting the car for 30K and we had a great experience there.
So, if you are in Denver, beware of O'Meara they are a PITA.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
renegade3 said:
In Denver, CO at O'Meara Ford they are marking up their GT500s 20K and they had a black Bullitt marked up 10K.
The same day that I bought mine (this past Friday) I was up in Ft. Collings looking at GT-H, but the poor thing was in sad condition. Once my wife and I left, we went to O'Meara to look for a Bullitt. They had a black one in the show room so I went over to check it out. I asked the guy if we could drive it, after telling him we had financing all setup and that I would be trading my 04 Cobra (20K miles on it). He told me we couldn't drive it because it was a rare car. I then asked why I would buy it if I couldn't even test drive the car. He then told me he didn't think we could afford it (this was the new car sales manager) because it had a 10K markup on it. I was shocked to say the least. At that point I walked out of the dealership. I was fuming! He had no idea of our income or even what my wife and I do for a living.
From there we decided to head to Castle Rock (Medved Ford) to see what they had. They also had a 08 BLK Bullitt on the lot. I spoke to Gabe (our sales guy) and he said he had no markup and we were welcome to test drive the car (it had 10 miles on the clock). We ended up getting the car for 30K and we had a great experience there.
So, if you are in Denver, beware of O'Meara they are a PITA.
OMG That makes even my dealer look good :lol: !!!

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
I agree. I may be keeping the daily miles down a little right now on the '08 but only so I can drive it longer on weekends and outings. Besides, the '01 is serving as DD right now. :badgrin:
Hey Charles,

You know what some people say :question: :question: :question:

You can't Hide-Money :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You Two-Bullitt Owner :lol: :lol: :lol:

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
yep, local dealer who knew I was considering a gt 500 back in the day , called and offered be their 09 red with white stripes ( no options but stripes ) for 43,000 on a 45,500 window sticker plus 25k for bullitt in trade + t.t.l. .......
tempting........ but i doubt i head to dark side anytime soon

1 - 20 of 20 Posts