Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The GT-H I ented to bring my son home from the hospital last year is on E-Bay...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-HERTZ-GT-2006-FORD-MUSTANG-SHELBY-HERTZ-GTH-%20362_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6236QQihZ001QQitemZ110139017084QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I have been talking with the guy from the dealership that has the car in GA and he is a great guy but with us trying to buy a house I don't think I will be able to get it. :( He did tell me the note I stuffed away in the owners manual is still there so maybe someday I will get another chance at it.
http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=1512&pid=13722&st=0&#entry13722

And here is the story behind the car and my son...
http://www.shelbyexperience.com/search.asp?read=10062

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I know this isn't the kind of response you are looking for, but you are gonna be kicking yourself if you let it get away. Then again, how much greater of a story would it be to run across it ten or fifteen years down the road?

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
That is really a cool story. How is the new addition doing these days?

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am torn. Olivia usually lets me do what I want but I know she really wants this house. If we were to buy a lot and then build I don't think it would be a problem. You would not believe the knots I have in my stomach since yesterday. :confused:

As for Mikey, he turned 9 mos old yesterday and has his bottom two teeth in and the top two broke through this week. He can roll like a rolling stone around the living room. :lol:
And he really likes his sunglasses because he looks cool!! :lol: :lol:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Cam,
I thought the Hertz dealer in Ohio was going to sell it locally. Did you ever get back in contact with him?

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is what I was told by him and Hertz Corporate when I called their office in NJ about franchise cars, not corporate owned cars. :doubt: With all of this house stuff going on I had not called him yet but given the time frame when Mike got the car in GA it wold nat have mattered. Needless to say I am little ticked about it, but it really doesn't matter at this point. I PM'd him last night and told him I will have to pass on it, even thought I know I will never get a chance to get it this cheap again.

Funny thing is, his name is Michael Morris (no relation), I wanted the car for Mikey Morris, and he got #362 without knowing it. With all those coinsedences it just seemed way too much, and yet it is not enough. :neutral:

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It sold on e-bay for just over $48k yesterday. :( I given a price if I wanted it but just couldn't swing it. I was assured the new owener will know the history of that car and get the note I left in it when I rented it and hopefully I will get the new owners info as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts