Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you might know, I was looking at possibly getting a GT500.
Well today I went to a local dealer who had a used 07 GT500 on the lot.
I took it out for a test drive.
Now no offense to GT500 owners, I still think it's a great car, but it is just not as fun as the Bullitt.
The sound the GT500 makes is not even close to the sound our Bullitt's make.
For sure it's got more power but the car doesn't sound as "raw" as the Bullitt does.
The Bullitt sounds like old school muscle.

I also felt that the Bullitt just drove better- it feels much lighter (and it is, obviously).

One other great positive from my little GT500 fever- I realized that for the difference in price between the 2 cars....I'm basically driving my Bullitt with FREE gas. The 25k difference will pay for my gas for the life of my Bullitt.
This has really set my driving habits free- I keep my Bullitt in 1st and 2nd a lot longer now. With free gas who cares how much you use! :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
I like the GT500 a lot, but if I am going to spend 50K+, I would get a Saleen.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would like to own a GT500 some day, I don’t plan on getting rid of the bullitt though. I think if you thru some mufflers on the gt500 you would like it more. With the blower whine , to pass epa limits, they really had to quiet down the exhaust and intake. A few bolt on’s and they are monsters.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I sold my 2008 GT500 because I prefer driving my Bullitt.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
GT 500

Go buy a stripped down 2008 Corvette for about $42K.........it will clean up on all the Blue Ovals...........but.........Steve McQueen driving a Corvette????????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts