Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a aftermarket h pipe that needs to be re-threaded in one of the 02 ports. How much do yall think that will cost and where should I get it done? Also I am thinking about buying the loudmouth mufflers and having them welded in. I know that the SLP system is bolt on only but I think I can weld them in to the stock cat back. I will keep the tips because I like the look. So how much for the threading and for the welding and can the welding be done? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
I had that problem on the h pipe in my 5.0L mustang.I used a spark plug thread cutter.it had the same thread..go see your old high school auto shop teacher.thats where I borrowed mine from...

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks. i will try that i guess

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I would be very sure before I added the SLP Loudmouth to an O/R H-pipe. My car is one of the loudest cars on the street. ARCHANGEL has an O/R pipe with the Loudmouth catback and his car is tons louder than mine. I actually bought a pair of Loudmouths to put on the Lightning off of a guy that said they were too loud for his car. I paid $60.

If you do get just the mufflers you will also have to have an adapter welded in. The Loudmouths have a 2.5" inlet and outlet but our pipes are smaller.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
5111 said:
I would be very sure before I added the SLP Loudmouth to an O/R H-pipe. My car is one of the loudest cars on the street. ARCHANGEL has an O/R pipe with the Loudmouth catback and his car is tons louder than mine. I actually bought a pair of Loudmouths to put on the Lightning off of a guy that said they were too loud for his car. I paid $60.

If you do get just the mufflers you will also have to have an adapter welded in. The Loudmouths have a 2.5" inlet and outlet but our pipes are smaller.

I know that the loudmouth coupled with the o/r h is loud. i had that on my 04 gt. are you gonna use the mufflers you bought from that guy? if not i might buy them from you. what kind of adapter would i have to get. do i buy it online or just have an exhaust shop make one for me.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
UDBullitt said:
I know that the loudmouth coupled with the o/r h is loud. i had that on my 04 gt. are you gonna use the mufflers you bought from that guy? if not i might buy them from you. what kind of adapter would i have to get. do i buy it online or just have an exhaust shop make one for me.
I already put them on the Lightning. I think that I have the only Lightning with SLP mufflers as they do not make a catback for Ford trucks.

Your exhaust shop should be able to get whatever adapters you need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts