Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with WI winter approaching, I put #562 :dhg01: and the wife's 00 GT in storage today. They join my already stored 97 GT. It's a bitter sweet feeling. On one hand, I'm really glad that none of my formerly FL cars will ever need to see snow or salt. And they get to sit for five months without getting a single mile older.

On the other hand, I'm stuck driving my 95 Corsica winter beater for five months. I hate that car. It's not that there is anything wrong with it, it's in fairly good shape for its age, gets good mileage, it only cost $600, and we save a boat load on insurance. But it reminds me every time I push on the gas, go around a corner, or hit the brakes, just how much better my pony cars are in every way. Driving it is the antithesis of driving my Bullitt. #562 puts a huge smile on my face just looking at it, much less the giddy chuckle I make every time I spin the tires going into third. The Corsica fills me with a feeling of melancholy and the sort of loss I expect an amputee might feel for a missing limb.

You southern guys don't know how good you have it.:smile:

K

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Actually, I store mine for months at a time on occasion. For instance, it has been sitting in my shop since March this time. I pulled it in, took the wheels off to have my new tires put on, and just left it there on jack stands :D One time before it sat nearly a year. I think I do it just so I can feel what it's like to have to store it, if we had a winter ;) Even when I got it in the summer of 2001, I would leave it in the shop for weeks at a time without driving it. I'd go get it on a Wednesday night, take it to the track, then park it and walk home :lol: I honestly have never been like that with any other car.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
winter or no winter I always have one of my mustangs on the road

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
By the end of november 1543,the 85gt,the harley truck and the motorhome will be stored until the end of april09.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
I just put my TVR away for the winter.:cry: I'll keep the Bullitt active until the first snow/salt event.:cry: It's kind of sad, but it is such a rush in the spring to fire it up and take it out the first time!:smile:

Unlike Kempesh, my winter (actually year round) beater is a company car 2008 Impala. It's not a great car, but it is comfortable, reliable, inexpensive (I only pay for gas for my personal miles), so I can't compain too much!

All in all, I hate winter!:cry:

Bruce

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
I feel for you guys that have to store ur cars.....an i guess us southern guys are lucky cause i drive my B all year long...except when the weather here turns bad...........

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
mine is still out and about

will be until salt hits the road

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I bedded our pony's down in mid Oct this this year after a busy 2008 season-
2 Open Track events and somewere like 14 car shows between the 2 cars. Including the 3k+ mile road trip in the Roush to attend the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup in Colorado and a Roush event in Sana Clara 4 days later on a detour route home to Washington State.

Roush #06-0736 / resting w/15k miles
Bullitt #2343 / resting w/26k miles

This past year was a alot of fun but I got kind'va burned out near the end. It was a relief to put them away and focus on more important issues like my career and investments. :)

=-=-=-=-=-=-

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have also put the BULLITT and the mach 1 away for this winter been driving the old 91 trans am.....:tb01:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Yup, that time of year is fast approaching. I'll put the Bullitt away when the first road salting takes place. It stays in bed until the first road-cleansing spring rain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts