Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I'm back from the dealership with my Bullitt.
While I was waiting to speak to the salesmanger I had many employees come up and tell me how much they loved the car. One salesman said a guy was in yesterday wanting to take it for a test drive- he was told it's sold and you can't even sit in it!
There was another man in the showroom asking the dealer if he could see it- he was told he could look at it but that it was sold. The guy spent about 10 minutes outside looking the car over.

Well after signing my life away- well maybe not my life, because I already signed that away in the summer for my new home! After getting all the paperwork done I fired it up and roared off the lot.
Only 25km were on the odometer- so I know no one had taken it for a little joy ride ;)

What a tight handling car! I thought my 05GT handled well, but you can really feel the difference! The car is very responsive to the steering wheel. The car soaked up the bumps in the road without a single squeak.

As for power- a bit of a tough comparision to my GT. I have a CAI, tune and x pipe on my 05, so powerwise both cars about the same. I think my GT is a bit more "raw" because of it's tune. The Bullitt feels refined- which isn't a negative. It just feels a bit smoother.

The exhaust note is great. Very deep sounding. Not overly loud. My GT sounds a bit "higher" sounding, or cheaper sounding might also be another description of my GT.
When I took the Bullitt out on the highway I swear to God it sounded like the '68GT when it was on the highway chasing the charger. It was a subtle undertone that I heard that made me instantly think of the movie.

Got home and pulled into the garage beside my redfire GT. This was another little moment of truth. I had got the redfire GT because I thought the colour looked so deep and rich. I know wondered how the Bullitt would look beside it.
Well I was pleasantly surprised! The Bullitt looks even deeper and richer looking.
He really does look great. I had the windows tinted and that also really helps to make the car look awesome.

That's all for now.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Sounds like your gonna have some fun owning your new Bullitt!

Now I wanna see one and hear it come to life!!!

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took some pics and was going to post them...but the camera belongs to my daughter...I was speaking to her on the phone and asked her to how I download from the camera to my cpu...she said "now!?". I said "yes". Well it turns out she has some pics on there of a questionable nature...now I'm sure you guys would love to see them AND the Bullitt pics (of course)...but I'll have to wait till thurs. so she can clean up her camera. LOL

T

·
0 Posts
Congrats again Whammer. She sounds like a great car. You seem to be a relatively tall guy; how did you find the comfort?

Terry

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Terry,

I'm 6'3". I have no problem fitting in the car, lot's of headroom still remaining. Very comfortable.

T

·
0 Posts
Whammer said:
Terry,

I'm 6'3". I have no problem fitting in the car, lot's of headroom still remaining. Very comfortable.

Thanks for the info Whammer. I'm relieved there is adequate headroom. I'm 6'4" and I've been a little concerned when mine arrives.

Terry

·
Registered
270 Posts
teranfon said:
Thanks for the info Whammer. I'm relieved there is adequate headroom. I'm 6'4" and I've been a little concerned when mine arrives.

Terry
Ditto. I'm 6'2" and was also concerned. Glad to hear it!

PR :rolling:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Congrats again on your new addition.I am suppose to finally get mine on thursday.I am so excited.This has been longest ordeal I have ever encountered with a car.But it sounds that the wait will be well worth it.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Nice,glad you are happy with it.We got to hook up for a coffee,well not coffee for me LOL.Would love to see it in person.Congrats!!! :wink:

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1LOW03GT said:
Nice,glad you are happy with it.We got to hook up for a coffee,well not coffee for me LOL.Would love to see it in person.Congrats!!! :wink:
Jay,

Not a problem! Let's hope we keep getting some clear, dry days.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Been out driving the Bullitt for several more runs.
I'm more impressed with this car each time I get behind the wheel.
Under heavy acceleration the front end raises and the car squats down on the rear wheels- the car really digs in.
I took it down a back roadway and this car just hugged the road. Keep in mind that temp. here is just around the freezing point, but the tires still held firm. I was doing 80-140kph (50-90mph) and I never felt that this car was out of control. I took several curves at 140kph (90mph) and was amazed how the car took those curves. It held the curve tight and it felt like I was only doing 60-70mph.

To all those waiting delivery of their Bullitts- you are going to love this car! You will not be disappointed in the least!

Had more time to listen to the exhaust note. It's a very deep growl- much more muscular sounding than the GT.
Parked in N and revving the car you will not believe the sound that comes out!!! It screams power!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Whammer, Congrats on your new car!Yours and mine are true litter mates, built on the same day and only 20 bullitt numbers apart. :clap2:

Mike......

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Before the two in the 2000 range the highest # reported I think was under 600. If I remember that one was apparently built Dec before the plant shut down. Seems like a big jump in numbers very fast.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mike,

I saw how close our numbers are and that we had the same build date. It's probably a little childish- but it is kinda cool none the less.
Hopefully you'll be behind the wheel of yours in a day or two and we'll be reading about your impressions.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts