Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nada Bullitt but my local rod and custom shop will fit my MM full length subs
and KB jacking rails.
Here are some projects in the shop. One very interesting car I agreed not to publish any pics at the moment.

Some sort of Hudson straight 8

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Is that a '58 Bonneville. Star Chief? I don't think quad headlights were legal till '58, so it couldn't be any earlier than that. I love those old tanks!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Man I missed all the fun when I was at Lakenheath from 1995-1999.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
You guys in England got all our old cars:D..no wonder we never see any of them:rotfl:..just a bit of humor there.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Yeah Dennis, they smuggle them right past us on I-35 south to Mexico. Then on to England or Cuba. Think of all the money we could make by running them direct????

OR, NOT!

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
Yeah Dennis, they smuggle them right past us on I-35 south to Mexico. Then on to England or Cuba. Think of all the money we could make by running them direct????

OR, NOT!

Uh-huh....prolly Not:lol:...but thanks for the suggestion...David J. Midgley...what did i call you...oh no!:lol:

·
Premium Member
7,414 Posts
BigBullitt said:
Is that a '58 Bonneville. Star Chief? I don't think quad headlights were legal till '58, so it couldn't be any earlier than that. I love those old tanks!
Sure looks like it!

I don't think it was a legal thing, just a new design feature that everyone jumped on.

1957 Lincoln Premier

1957 Chrysler 300C

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
kfengler said:
Sure looks like it!

I don't think it was a legal thing, just a new design feature that everyone jumped on.

1957 Lincoln Premier

1957 Chrysler 300C

I actually read somewhere that it wasn't legal. But I guess that doesn't mean they were right. :grin: Obviously they were wrong if you could get them in '57.

I found this in Wikipedia. This isn't where I originally read it though. It seems the legality varied from state to state;

"Quad headlamps—four round lamps, rather than two; one high/low and one high-beam 5¾ in. (146 mm) sealed beam on each side—were introduced in 1952 when the Prevost Car company included them in its Citaden bus model. Cadillac, Chrysler and Nash placed them in some of their car models in states that permitted the new system for the 1957 model year, and other American marques followed suit when all states permitted quad lamps in 1958."

This must have been from 1959. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts