Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago my girlfriend and I went out for dinner. After parking #1467 I placed one of those Autolock devices that you see on TV on the clutch. Well when I returned from dinner and tried to unlock the Autolock; the key turned and somehow stripped the bearings in the lock! I couldn't get the lock off the clutch and because the clutch was locked I couldn't start the car! I called my insurance company and they sent a locksmith to see if he could do anything. He took a look at it and said that from previous experience, the commercials were true; it was an unbreakable lock. He tried a few things to remove it but it was no use. I ended up havin g to get the car towed. But that's not the end of the story; When the flatbed came out to tow my car. He couldn't get the car on because it was in gear and parked at an incline. They ended up having to tow the car on a wrecker with the back end up in the air.! Well luckily #1467 made it home that night without a scratch on the front bumper. The next morning I spent a couple of hours removing the clutch arm with the lock still attached. I ordered a new clutch arm from Ford and reinstalled it a few weeks later, end of story but definitely a night I won't forget.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Arn't you glad no one stole your car..... See it did it's job!
95 bolltes of beer on the wall

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Sooo TruBlue1467,
IS this an endorsement? True no one was going to steal your car. Is this the one from TV? Perhaps they would like to settle up with you for your testimony.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I guess on the bright side it is an endorsement. It actually was my fault the lock broke. I had over-tighted it when I put it on the clutch. I probably will buy another one.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I duhknow....still sounds like someone could steal your clutch arm. :grin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts