Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up #3699 yesterday from Bowen Scarff Ford, here in Kent Washington and put about 100 miles on it. Here is my input:

My favorite part about the car is the torque. Really hard and fast. I was impressed with throttle response as well. Some of the things I thought need help: The seats are real cool looking, and for short drives, are fine. I am questioning if they will be fine for long drives. I have a little bit of a larger ass (I am 220, 5'11) and it is a fairly snug fit. The seats sit alot higher up than I would have thought. It almost seems like they should go lower. The only other issue I have is the shifter. What was ford thinking ? It feels like I am shifting a toothpick ! I definetely am going with a Tri-ax ! After reading all of the other posts while waiting for my car, I thought I would need the FR500 steering wheel, but I really like the stock one ! I will be autocrossing this baby shortly and I will give lots of feedback on that. I have been cone racing for 3 years now, and can't wait to give some of those corvette freaks a run for their money ! (pussies) Mine is a black one, and I don't know what ford did in the last 7 years, but the paint seems to show EVERYTHING ! I bought a '94 GT black stang back in '94 when they first came out. (New body style) and didn't have as much trouble keeping it clean ! (must just be me)
The only other thing I guess I would have liked is a moon roof. I know, I know, it is not part of the "movie" thing, I just think it would have been cool ! As far as looks go, my neigboor is an ass*ole and when I pulled up in my new bullitt, he just shaked his head. So I got out of my car and said "what was that for"? he said "now a black one, you buy a new car every two years. That one will be hard to keep clean" I just said "fuc* you" as I pulled it into my garage. I know he wouldn't have a clue what a bullitt was unless it bit him in the ass. (Maybe mine will !) Anyway, I am really happy with my new ride and will let everyone here know how it does with high miles and what craps out first. As I have said in other posts, I will be using Mr. Bullitt as my daily driver, putting on about 150 miles a day. (i.e. over 50K per year)

Kurt

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW. I want to thank Brian at the dealership for making the "buying experience" great. He knows Mustangs and even drives a 2000GT himself. Much better than buying from a salesguy that has no clue what a bullitt is. I would recommend him to many others (plus they have more bullitts coming in soon!)

·
Registered
610 Posts
As I and others have stated in other posts ,The Tra-Ax is a HUGE improvement in shift quality. Agree about the seats being too high but the "Butt-Holding Part" is great on them! :cool:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hey Kurt,

Thanks for the kind words - and thanks for the business. I'm glad to have been part of your Bullitt experience.

By the way, Ford has made the moonroof a dealer installed option for Mustangs. You CAN get a Ford moonroof that has the correct curvature for your Bullitt's roof if you want! They are a power tilt/slide moonroof with tinted glass. We've done quite a few Mustang moonroofs and just did one in a Zinc Yellow Cobra 2 weeks ago. Some people thought it was heresy, but admitted that appearance, fit, and finish were first class.

Give me a call if you want yours done.

Glad you're enjoying yours so far! By the way, we got a VIN # on our 2nd and final black Bullitt. We should get it in September. 5 more DHG's coming to us still!

We ordered agressively to get the eight we have/will get for the year. We were only supposed to get five, but called in a favor at the regional office to get three extra's that other dealers didn't want! We did this last year also and received 14 of the 3901 Feature GT's like mine.

Brian

Mods: K&N air filter, functional hood scoop, relocated rear wing.

13.87 @ 98.3 mph 1/4 mile w/2.01 60 foot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Five Oh B on 2001-07-16 02:26 ]</font>

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the offer Brian, but I won't let anyone cut into my roof. I don't think I could go aftermarket with something that could leak or damage my Bullitt !

·
Registered
280 Posts
Lifetime warranty and Ford factory parts, Kurt! And we don't do the install, a Ford authorized installer near us does all the work so that Ford's warranty is in effect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts