Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the BULLITT to replace my '97 VW Passat TDI. Then I could not bear to get rid of the 48 mpg on the diesel...or run up the miles on the BULLITT. So I kept the VW, have a '73 Land Rover Series III 88 and my wife has a '00 BMW Z3 Roadster. TOO MUCH STEEL!

Charlie DHG 1987

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
I have 2 other Mustangs, a Dodge truck and a CHEVY yes,Chevy PU 1ton, 454, 4x4, duelies. Hubby wanted a truck to pull the new trailer for the R and the dealership he went to (a friend) couldn't find a Ford but found the Chevy instead. I guess we will really get razzed when we pull the Ford with a Chevy truck to shows, heh? :lol: :sad:

Vicki

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-12-18 09:30 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
1991 Mazda Miata, bought new in 1990.
Very slow but also very reliable.
Original red paint.
Everyday driver.
Saving it for my daughter, Hannah.
Hope she wants it in 13 years :lol:

·
Registered
437 Posts
My other car is a 2002 Trans Am Ram Air (oh she is so sweet!!).

·
Registered
378 Posts
Momma drives a 2001 Eddie Bauer Expedition, I finally got the truck I always wanted: 2002 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Diesel and of course the Bullitt. Hoping for a Ducatti 998 next. Maybe Santa will come through for me.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
My better-half drives a 2000 Dodge Intrepid R/T. Will drive the Bullitt for another 8 months or so 'til I get a daily driver. Probably some old beat up P/U.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Well, the Bullitt is my commuter/daily driver most of the time, so I put the most miles on her. She sleeps next to a 2001 RUF Porsche 911 twin turbo, a 1991 Ferrari 348TS, an SVT Lightning, a 1999 Ferrari 550 Maranello, and a 2001 Ferrari 550 Barchetta to be joining soon. Will probably sell the Maranello then. I'm hoping to find the new Lamborghini Murcielago soon. In black. It will be for my wife..................................................................................*GASP* Please, NO!!!! I WANT TO GO BACK TO SLEEP so I can dream again!!!! :sad:
The Bullitt is my one and only so far. :smile:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Wow, some of you people have "second" rides I would love to own. My daily driver is a 97 Dodge Stratus ES and my wife has a 98 RAV-4. The RAV-4 will become very popular to me in a few weeks when we get a good storm. The rest of the year it is a "chick" car. The Stratus happened to be the best looking sedan on the market in 1997. I got mine with the 2.4l and many passengers have asked if I got the 6cyl.

·
Registered
260 Posts
The Wifey get's to drive a 2001 Excursion, I wanted an 4X4 F350 crew-cab, she wanted an Expedition, I made up a deal with her, She got the Behemoth, and I use it to hunt. The other one is an old 1992 Crown Victoria (Very good Shape w/75,000 miles) being my "Airport" car. And the Bullitt is for all the fun!

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
87 5.0 Mustang - doesn't run, broke in 1994, built a aluminum headed 306 for it 4 years ago, it's still on the stand :razz: Decided to go ahead and build a 377 stroker for it and bought a SVO 351 block (among many other parts). Then I decided to go ahead and build an aluminum blocked Mod motor. BTW, here's some pics of the original engine http://community.webshots.com/album/25640458RvTfnEGXUt It was naturally aspirated :eek: I still have it and they are recent pics, thats why it looks all rusty.

88 Mustang - Originally going to be a basic 5.0 swap car, decided to go ahead and cage it and use the 306, which I mentioned before is still on the stand :razz:

95 F150 - Work truck, as of right now, I have not torn it apart and it still runs :grin:

Here's a pic of my 88 at the back. http://wsphotofews.excite.com/010/S2/Vr/dV/Su12881.jpg The one with the rear facing is a buddies car, my 87 is at his house :???: Makes alot of sense doesn't it :grin: Notice all the junk laying around, it doesn't look quite that bad now.

Here's a bunch of the 88 during chassis work. I don't think the torque boxes should ever come out :grin: http://community.webshots.com/album/22174526rmtgEKskPI

·
Registered
821 Posts
1996 Dodge Avenger ES fully loaded, but it's for sale!

1996 Ford Explorer 4X4 - hubby drives
1979 Jeep CJ7 TOTALLY MODIFIED and kewl!

and...

1999 GT Backwoods Mountain bike with skull and crossbones valve stem covers! heehee

·
Registered
173 Posts
Daily driver is a 97 Chev C2500 (my biggest customer is a Chev dealer), wife has 2 Toyotas and 93 5.0 convertable, my DHG BULLITT, 84 SVO for severe abusing, and a 68 Mustang coupe that I drove through high school, owned since 78 that is apart for painting, and in the wings a 62 Galaxie 406, 66 fastback shell for a 65Rmodel conversion, and last but certainly not least a 1991 H-D Softail custom that has seen Atlantic, Pacific, Gulf of Mexico, Mexican border, and close to Canadian border.....and a female wolf named Baby :smile:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts

My Daily driver is Sgrplum, the purple 97GT

Mike's daily driver is his 98 Dodge Ram V10 quad cab, he also has:
66 Mustang GT Hipo convertible
65 Mustang 289 convertible
65 Mustang Hipo coupe
71 Chevy 4x4 pickup

·
Registered
109 Posts
The Mrs. drives a 2001 zinc yellow V6.
My other vehicle is an 89 ranger, original owner. It has the three tone paint option, metallic grey, primer and rust. Bought 98 Cobra wheels for the V6 and put the aluminum ones on the ranger. It feels faster now. LOL.

·
Registered
173 Posts
:smile: LOL Karl, I have been to Ontario, but not on bike--I love it up there...in the summer. When I was on bike, I was north of Sturgis SD, but ran out of time and had to head back home. The 62 is a tri-power car, but since it needs a complete going through, and the tri-power is missing, I will use a 2-4 Holman Moody intake I already have. This is a fun project car, but needs much work.:sad: It will be years before I drive it. That's another reason for the BULLITT--instant gratification! :smile:
Richard

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
My signature ALMOST says it all.

2 years ago, I HAD TO HAVE a brand new Suburban. I can't explain it, I just had to have it. (Had a bad experience with an '89 Bronco...so I wanted to switch)
So, now my husband, who wanted a Lexus, gets to drive my '99 Suburban. I even call it HIS car!
I'm considering trading in the 'Burb [after I pay off the Bullitt], and get him his Lexus.
Aren't I nice?!?!?!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Just a quick question: When you people own 10+ cars, where the heck do you keep them all??? Are they usually all insured at once? Do you flip a coin to decide which one to drive on a certain day?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts