Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't raced in 4 years and not in Idaho. I knew the a/s tires and higher altitude would slow me down. The wife invited people over for diner on sunday. I told her it was a Ford day at the strip and I had been planning on going for 2 months. So the gates open at 9 and racing at 3. I helped around the house for awhile to get ready for guests. Because I am a big procrastinater, I put on the MAC cai on at about 11 o'clock. I aslo disconnected the battery when doing it. I figured if the racing started at 3 I could get there at 1 or so and be O.K. Boy I was wrong. When I got there I only got 1 practice before eliminations. My first run was 14.9 @ 95 I was disapointed with my slowest time ever in the B. My friend Zack showed up and offered advice. He has raced at the track many times before. The day was getting hotter and the computer was still learning. My only hope was for the guy next to me was to red light. I went with a 14.88 and got in line. The light went green and off I went. The car felt faster and hooked better. The guy I was racing left first so I was catching him. As I approached the finish I saw him let off. He was fender racing. As I passed him I let off and was first across the line. I was feeling pretty good as I rolled up to the box to get my time. The slip said 14.872! I broke out by .008 of a second. I told my friend Zack thanks for coming out and for the help and made it home in time for dinner. Everyone was suprised I wasn't sad or mad. I was happy. Racing is alot of fun. Winning just makes it a little better

·
Premium Member
7,414 Posts
Cool! You're they guy at Home Depot in Meridian, right?

Lastime I went to Firebird Raceway was way back in 1982 or 83. That was the time a funnycar did a burnout in the entry lane and something went wrong and it clipped a grand stand and went into a consession booth killing the gal working it. Kinda tragic.

A first at Firebird, this `05 Ford GT-40 of Larry Aikins ripped off a 12.60-119.61 blazing the hides the first couple hundred feet. Now this dude makes some serious power.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I am the Home Depot guy. Nice pic. of the GT.
I was at Autozone 2 month ago and a guy there had street raced a black Bullitt recently(and lost to the B) and wanted to know how fast they are. I don't street race. I used to and know where to go if I wanted to. I had to promise the wife no more street racing for her to marry me. It was an easy dicision.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts