Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently installed the tuner in my Bullitt and just thought it may be of interest to pass on my take:

First, I haven't got to romp it through all the gears as yet but some flat mats in 1st and 2nd it is stronger in the lower RPM band and pulls a little quicker to redline.

In normal take off up to 3k RPMs it has a lot better throttle response with less pedal input to get acceleration. The stumble at near the 3k point has all but disappeared, the RPMs drop down to idle slower and reduces the deceleration pop that was there (I had the SLP Loudmouth installed and now the SLP Power-Flo). Also it doesn't slow down as quick due to the slower drop in RPMs.

I turned off the Traction Control the Traction Control Active Light remains on in the Instrument Cluster. DiabloSport says, "When you turn the traction control completely off like that the lights will stay on.... There's no way around it other than leaving it on in the tune and turning it off when you need to on the dash."

The Rev Limiter is bumped up a couple hundred RPMs so now I can shift at redline and it not shut down, by my tach it would fall flat on its face exactly at redline.

I haven't filled up yet or took it out on the road so MPG I can't report on.

I got the tuner more for turning off the traction control, upping the rev limiter and for what ever reson I would need this, turning off the speed control. Plus I want to tweak the on / off of the fan motor and in the future I may change the gears. So, for what it's worth to me, it is ok and I am happy with it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I also like my predator as the car is more responsive! Car will be going to Brenspeed soon for a SC install so I imagine no more Predator after that as they custom tune with SCT! Not a bad thing though!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Brenspeed used to do both tuners I believe so possibly they can still tune to one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts