Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

2001 Bullitt DHG #648
Ford Racing Alum. Driveshaft
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, K & N Filter,
Porterfield Carbon/Kevlar Brake Pads
MGWLTD-All custom Satin Bullitt Bits & Pieces

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-10-04 00:21 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Very nice!
Marty, you're going to have quite the nice ride when your done with those mods. You're starting to tempt me and I had wanted to stay stock...

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i understand completely jim, i just kept getting "The Itch" and had to get a few toys for her!
when i get the driveshaft and brake pads on this wednesday and when all of the rest of the MGW bits & pieces get here, i'm done!!!
( he said realizing full well that the "itch" will return one day!)
maybe next year i'll invest in a smaller(steeda?) crank pulley

·
Registered
394 Posts
Marty,

Are those your legs in the photos? they are quite sexy! I've been to St. Louis and I know they get sun there. :smile: Do you work the night shift? I'm just giving you a hard time, because I had to put my sunglasses on to look at hte photos.

Eric

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HO HO Eric,.....VERY funny!!! (seriously, i laughed out loud!!)
Ray, it was at my buddy's house and it was his digital camera s and since i am personally yechnology challenged,....probably not. BUT it sits a little lower, not much and it's a little farther "up" towards thw dash side.....just a little

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Great post 1nastyFordGT! I saved all the pictures in case I install one. The pic's are better than anything in the magazines. I'm definitely going to change the shifter, just don't know when or what I'll put in.

I have two questions for mystang99. Your original shift ball is straight on the bottom and mine has a twist to it like they did this on purpose for finger grips. Did you change yours or modify it? The second is did you have to cut the boot for the rear stop bolt or did it punch through by itself? I'm holding out right now hoping Hurst will come out with a Billet Plus shifter for the 3650. I had one on my 89 T5 and it was super! No noise and shifted like a dream.

Thanks again.

Hankster, DHG No. 2634

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hblattel on 2001-08-27 23:12 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hblattel on 2001-08-27 23:13 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hank, no that's exactly the way the shift knob came from the factory. i'm getting MGW's gripper knob when he finishes it though!
i took a VERY small knife blade an cut a hole on BOTH sides of the boot so the set screw could poke thru and help hold the original Ford boot (that i fit back over the Tri-Ax) in place on the Tri-ax!!

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I'll head over to the shop here in a little bit and take a few pics of the Tri-Ax in my car with the boot on.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Man I wish I had a digital camera! You ought to see my shift knob with the big twist in it! This is strange? I wonder if they used different knobs on different cars or did a gorilla put mine on and actually twist the aluminum.

Hank

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Here ya go. This is the Tri-Ax mounted in the lower position.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2001-08-28 02:18 ]</font>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts