Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
40,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out in the Bullitt again today and noticed (again) that no matter where I was, sun or shade, a wide strip of GLARE made reading the tach and speedo nearly impossible. I studied the set-up, and it appears that Ford made the entire inside of the insets flat black, so where is this glare coming from? Don't say the bright aluminum framework, because it is OUTSIDE the holes and shouldn't be a factor. So, where's the glare coming from? :confused:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I have not noticed a glare on the instrument panel??? I have however noticed the reflection of the dashboard in the windshield on very sunny days (with all my 05+ mustangs). I just figured it was the angle of the windshield.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Cant say I have any problems with glare on the tach or speedo. I do get the glare on the windshield on sunny days.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I haven't noticed any glare.
Jim, once again, your problem seems to be unique.
Have you noticed a black cloud following you? :)

·
40,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Black cloud?

walc said:
I haven't noticed any glare.
Jim, once again, your problem seems to be unique.
Have you noticed a black cloud following you? :)
No, no clouds that I've noticed. Look, I'm not making this stuff up. There was a glare, I saw it, and it was NOT a U.F.O. And don't say I've got cataracts, because I prefer Rincoln Continentals. :lol: Oh, well, chalk it up to yet another "unsolved mystery." :grumpy:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Are you wearing mirrored sunglasses? :smile:

Have you installed a dash mat in the car? If not maybe what you're seeing is the glare of the sun reflecting off the top of the dash board and somehow bouncing off one of the windows.

·
40,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All right, then.

rblack4405 said:
drive at night
4405, you've done it again --- come up with another perfectly logical solution, not unlike Billy Bob Thornton, in his role as Carl Childers in the movie, "Slingblade," during which he correctly diagnosed a non-running lawn mower as being "out of gas." All right, then. Mmm,mmm. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
40,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Martimus said:
Are you wearing mirrored sunglasses? :smile:

Have you installed a dash mat in the car? If not maybe what you're seeing is the glare of the sun reflecting off the top of the dash board and somehow bouncing off one of the windows.
I've got a set of McQueen's blue-tint Persol 714 sunglasses, but didn't have them on. Maybe it's just a reflection coming from the window glass, like you said. Next time, I'll put them down to see if it goes away (the windows, not the shades). I'm sure some of it has to do with the instrument gauges being buried so deeply, and the other part is me being so da** old! Of course, it COULD be aliens... :lol:

·
40,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
M'Lady...

MustangLynda said:
I have not noticed a glare on the instrument panel??? I have however noticed the reflection of the dashboard in the windshield on very sunny days (with all my 05+ mustangs). I just figured it was the angle of the windshield.
ALL your '05+ Mustangs? My God, girl, how many do you have? Perhaps I should brush up on my manly charm skills. Wouldn't happen to have a dowry, would you? A-hem... :lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know what he's talking about. I get it too - I have an 08 (not a bullitt) and sometimes I can't see anything on the dash - so I turn on the lights - that helps. However, I do have these circles that show up on the windshield - not crop circles :) - I think it is where they installed the windshield with huge suction cups! Am I crazy?

·
40,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ha. No, not bald. Full head of short-cropped hair, complete with bushy sideburns. You may have seen the style... somewhere. :wink:

·
40,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Eureka!

bullittbabega said:
I know what he's talking about. I get it too - I have an 08 (not a bullitt) and sometimes I can't see anything on the dash - so I turn on the lights - that helps. However, I do have these circles that show up on the windshield - not crop circles :) - I think it is where they installed the windshield with huge suction cups! Am I crazy?
God bless your pea-pickin' heart, Sandra! Now I know I'm not going crazy. Of course, I COULD be going crazy, right along with you... :eek: :rotfl:

·
Registered
162 Posts
LT Frank Bullitt would be really disappointed in you folks.
Did you hear him complaining about glare. :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
Ha. No, not bald. Full head of short-cropped hair, complete with bushy sideburns. You may have seen the style... somewhere. :wink:
Is that what's called a " mullett "?
:eek:

·
40,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
WE HAVE A WINNER!

tocsboat24 said:
Or like Steve McQueen's hair.:shock:
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Congratulations! You have won an expense-paid round trip to beautiful San Francisco for correctly guessing my hairstyle! You will spend your stay at the luxurious Hotel Daniels on scenic Embarcadero Drive, overlooking the many hills of historic San Fran! During your stay, you will receive free food, care and protection from undercover agents of the San Francisco police dept. (Okay, I'm lying). But, you DID guess my hair style... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.