Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boris Said was in a good position to be on the pole for tonight's Pepsi 400 at Daytona. He had the fastest qualifying speed of 185.605 MPH after 39 of 53 cars had made their qualifying runs. This wasn't some freak thing, he sat on the pole for last year's 400 as well, and finished 4th.

But that's when the rain came. And because of Nascar rules that set the field in the event of rained out qualifying, Jeff Gordon who was, at the time, in the 30th starting position, will be on the pole for tonight's race. Boris Said...he gets to go home. Jeremy Mayfield who was 3rd fastest, and Michael Waltrip who was the 5th fastest out of the 39 to make qualifying runs also will be in the "Failed to Qualify" list.

They said that it would be unfair to make the 14 cars that had yet to qualify to do so in the daytime. Maybe it would be. But how is throwing out 39 qualifying runs and sending good running cars packing fair? "Go fast or go home" doesn't cut it anymore.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Nascar started this system to take care of those that support them every week. As far as mikey, it makes me very happy. Boris Said races about 4 races a year, although I like him he does not deserve to take someones place who attempts every race. Kinda like your Ford dealer service department. They will work on any car, but you can bet I you bought your car from them you will get serviced ahead of someone who did not. I must agree with the system Nascar has for starting races, but most of what they do I do not agree with. And the restrictor plate races are not really races anyway.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I have stopped watching Nascar, for this very reason, plus many more...... Should be run what you brung, not we suck up to the click groups, and change the field and running order to suite them......

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Actually, it was an awesome race last night. Either way, it's still much better than F-1 (Farce 1) racing. Talk about boring...zzzzz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts