Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like it might be a good idea to have the Nationals return to San Fransico every four years. Because of the ties the car has to that city, it is a fun place to visit for a vacation, and a lot of new members that buy 08 Bullitts I think will also want to go back to where it all started as IMBOC members.

During the other three years the National can travel to different areas in the northeast, southeast, and midwest.

The fourth year in San Fransico would always be cosidered the major National that you never want to miss regardless of where you live.Over time I think the National in S.F. would just get bigger and bigger, and give us a chance to set up some regional events during the year in our areas if the next National is to far away.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some of the advantages is that no matter where you live you know that a regional show will be in your area within four years. Southeast, northeast, midwest, So even if you can't make the S.F. National you can go to one in your region.
It also gives you some time to put a little money away if you plan on going to the Big National in San Fransico.
All Bullitts must return to S.F.
My Bullitt tries to turn and go north sometimes , it a ***** driving it.
DCLMustang
Casey

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
I think we should consider have the 2009 (Inter)Nationals in Canada. Those guys have been coming to almost all our events as far south as Texas.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
BlueBullitt2180 said:
I think we should consider have the 2009 (Inter)Nationals in Canada. Those guys have been coming to almost all our events as far south as Texas.
I absolutely agree. One requirement for Nats location should include local support from people that have attended Nats in other areas. Everyone is willing to come to their own Nats, but it's the cross country drivers that make it a real Nats. Otherwise it is just a local meet. Several Canadians have been present at every Bullitt event, not just the ones close to them.

My house to Toronto = 1447 miles.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
We consider many factors when chosing the location. A part is Bullitt owner participation at the regional level. If we have owners that live in that area and are willing to drive in the general area then that is a plus. One of the reasons for the Myrtle Beach choice was less than a days drive for most in the east coast area. Pay as you go is another reason. The only charge for Mustang Week is the car show at $30 for the car. Don't want to enter their car show then it's free. Only $10 to spectate at the Drags and so for under $50 all of your fees are paid. That leaves the rest for fun and hotel.

·
Premium Member
18,430 Posts
I'd do Canada, or another trip to SF. I'm going to try and Myrtle Beach next year, too! Money at the moment is the binder on getting things done, otherwise I'd have been in Tulsa this year. Two more years of house payments and The Bullitt will be Traveling.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Canada, oh Canada would be a great place for the Nats. I renewed my passport and need some of Pauls laxative he brought to Tulsa. It would be nice to take a northern vacation in the summer. I may be moving there if she gets elected.

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
bullitt677 said:
Canada, oh Canada would be a great place for the Nats. I renewed my passport and need some of Pauls laxative he brought to Tulsa. It would be nice to take a northern vacation in the summer. I may be moving there if she gets elected.
Canada works for me! or even Ohio would be nice. I know it is a great deal of work to plan these and since I am not the one who does it I have no say in the matter just suggesting is all that I am doing.

Now totally off subject here I saw this bumper sticker and I had to share based on the previous comment I thought it to be pretty commical.

Sorry...

Now back to our regular scheduled program

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
mustangwi said:
Now totally off subject here I saw this bumper sticker and I had to share based on the previous comment I thought it to be pretty commical.

Sorry...

Now back to our regular scheduled program
Ok, now I don't care who y'all are, that there ^^^^^^ is funny! :rotfl: Nice find Jeff!

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
USA or Canada, it's all North America to me !

Now if you lot keep selling and we keep buying then going by the number that attended Tulsa,
and the 14 here in the UK, then I pedict that by 2010 we could be seeing bigger gatherings of Bullitt's here in Europe..............

Ha HA Ha

·
Charles
13,299 Posts
bullitt677 said:
I think what Paul brings is more of a general health tonic. When I returned to Houston my wife, daughter, son, and son-in-law all had a bad stomach virus. I didn't catch it from anyone. Must have been the tonic

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Internationals in Canada

Just to add my 2 cents ...

Canadians have been coming to the U.S. events now for years. It is ALWAYS a long drive for them. Fuel costs in Canada are almost never lower than in the U.S. and the Canadian to U.S. dollar exchange rate always causes their trips to be more expensive for them than it is for us.

Canada has COOL NICE DRY WEATHER in the summer months. I spent 30 days in the Sweetgrass, Montana area in the summer of 2002 and it was nice ... kinda "too cool" at night but the day temps were GREAT! The cooler temps would be some great racing weather!

They have nice hotels and are usually very helpful and accomodating in their service industries.

I STILL DON'T LIKE THEIR ANTI-HANDGUN LAWS ... :evil:

I think if we don't have an event in the future in Canada, then we should consider something in one of the border states. If I recall ... both Ohio and Michigan seem to have a fair number of BULLITT owners.

THANKS !!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts