Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Expert advice needed!

Last night some Subaru ran me off the road after I refused to race him. Needless to say he left me in the ditch. "Franky" My bullitt is fine but her wheel is destroyed. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where to get a wheel that will match the 3 other factory wheels exactly. I know there are different shades of grey for the bullitt style wheel from Ford. If someone could give me a part number or a place to buy an exact match I would appreciate it greatly.:dhg01:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you

Thanks! When I use that number I get a lot of results with the choices of Silver, Charcoal, or Grey. Sense those are almost all the same color to me which is correct?:dhg01:

·
Banned
11,692 Posts
luckybullitt3571 2days after i got 5224 and found i had no spare at all,i called the dealer and ordred wheel asy.jack and lug wrench.the part # on my invoice for the wheel asm. is 8rz3-1007-b which was a perfict match,the 18"wheel comes in several finishes. this in no way refuits what hoofpwr ofered.and it will go in your wheel well with 32 psi.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Go find the Subie owner and beat a new wheel out of him. Douche.

·
Registered
580 Posts
American racing makes a replica of the stock bullitt wheel.. The Caroll Shelby Torque thrust II, is the best match ... Comes in anthratic , black and chrome..
Check out the American Racing website...
I'm in the tire business so I have a bit of insite on matters of the wheels :)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
bobnixon said:
luckybullitt3571 2days after i got 5224 and found i had no spare at all,i called the dealer and ordred wheel asy.jack and lug wrench.the part # on my invoice for the wheel asm. is 8rz3-1007-b which was a perfict match,the 18"wheel comes in several finishes. this in no way refuits what hoofpwr ofered.and it will go in your wheel well with 32 psi.
Problem with these part numbers is they fit an '08/9. Us '01 owners were blessed with a space saver spare, because a full size spare would raise the trunk floor about 4 inches. But the part number HOOFPWR listed should only come in the one correct color.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
LuckyBullitt3571 said:
Last night some Subaru ran me off the road after I refused to race him. Needless to say he left me in the ditch. "Franky" My bullitt is fine but her wheel is destroyed. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where to get a wheel that will match the 3 other factory wheels exactly. I know there are different shades of grey for the bullitt style wheel from Ford. If someone could give me a part number or a place to buy an exact match I would appreciate it greatly.:dhg01:
Next time run into him, dont avoid it. It sounds bad but you are lucky you didnt flip or hit a fixed object, etc and if you did he would still drive away and its on you and your insurance company. When you hit him you involve him in his own bull$hit and he is effected too. Just somthing to think about its hard with a specialty car though. Sorry for what happened. That F!!ckin A$$HOLE in that subaru is lucky that was not me in the bullitt driving.

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
This was discussed a couple of years ago when I was looking for wheels. I did some research and found the correct Ford part number. I bought a couple of these as spares and the part number I found was an exact match for color and style. The casting numbers were a little different but the color was exact. Ford used a different vendor I suppose.

For some reason, Ford changed part numbers and created a big mess for 01 Bullitt owners.

Do a search under my name and you should find the new part number for the correct color 01 Bullitt wheel. The Ford part could be a bit pricey now. Maybe the American racing wheel would be a better buy.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Michael
I called the Ford dealership (Hinder Ford, Md.) that I deal with and my parts guy (Todd) told me that when using the #1R3Z*1007*AA, it only comes in one color. He said it is the correct match for the 01 BULLITT wheel. Hope this helps!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts