Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I would like to balance/level the ride height of my Bullitt, but before ordering the parts I'd like to get a general consensus on the best combination given the usage. I drive the car a couple of times a week, mainly on the freeway, and want to preserve the factory appearance and ride quality of the car as much as possible. However, I would like to bring the rear of the car down to match the wheel well gap of the front end without creating a stiffer ride quality or for that matter, bottoming out the rear when passing over bumps or through pot holes. From what I've been reading in the mods thread, I'm pretty sure that I'll order the Vogtland springs through Sam Strano. My questions are: will the factory dampeners work well with these springs, and, will the ride become harsher if I were to upgrade?

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Talk to Sam he will point you in the right direction because "When it comes to the ride Sam is your guide"

·
Registered
969 Posts
make the call

originally posted by FullCircle:

My questions are: will the factory dampeners work well with these springs, and, will the ride become harsher if I were to upgrade?
joseph,

i have the vogtland balancing springs and koni dampers/struts. got them from sam. definitely call sam and speak to him.

the vogtland balancing springs lower the car in the rear, so you will loose about 1/2" or so of travel. these springs are a little stiffer than the factory springs, so if you were to keep the factory dampers my guess is that the ride would end up being a little less "plush" in the rear than the factory set up.

i think the factory dampers would work with new springs, and keep in mind, they are what they are---factory dampers. i am glad i changed my springs and dampers at the same time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts