Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need (Factual) info on 4:10 gears (Installed) & Running, NEW Info for IMBOC Members !

IMBOC,

I would like to read any information that anyone has on 4:10 Gears being Installed & Running in the 2008/2009 Bullitt Mustangs.

If that is NOT-Possible then 4:10 Gears in the 2005 + Mustangs with a 5-Speed (Manual-Trans).

This is not meant to come across here as a (Smart-Remark) but I am looking for

Facts, Not Opinions. As I just said, No Wise-Crack here, but I need Facts Not-Opinions, Please.

If any of you here are on the Other Mustang Forums and can Provide Link/Links to

Threads that would be Great and Appreciated.

I personally had run all kinds of different Gears in the Older Mustangs (5.0) but

not the Newer 2005 + Models.

I'm looking to have them (Installed) immediately as soon as I can find information

and then a Reliable Shop with (Experience) to install them.

Even if I have to Drive some Distance to have the Install done.

If any of you have a Recommendation for Shops that have Experience please Advise me here on this Thread.

We have a great many members here like myself that have all kinds of knowledge and

in this case I need some on this (Subject) as I am Not Familiar with this on these 2005 + Mustangs with the 4.6 Engine.

Thanks,

Terry (tigerhonaker)

·
Banned
1,313 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
IMBOC,

I would like to read any information that anyone has on 4:10 Gears being Installed & Running in the 2008/2009 Bullitt Mustangs.

If that is NOT-Possible then 4:10 Gears in the 2005 + Mustangs with a 5-Speed (Manual-Trans).

This is not meant to come across here as a (Smart-Remark) but I am looking for

Facts, Not Opinions. As I just said, No Wise-Crack here, but I need Facts Not-Opinions, Please.

If any of you here are on the Other Mustang Forums and can Provide Link/Links to

Threads that would be Great and Appreciated.

I personally had run all kinds of different Gears in the Older Mustangs (5.0) but

not the Newer 2005 + Models.

I'm looking to have them (Installed) immediately as soon as I can find information

and then a Reliable Shop with (Experience) to install them.

Even if I have to Drive some Distance to have the Install done.

If any of you have a Recommendation for Shops that have Experience please Advise me here on this Thread.

We have a great many members here like myself that have all kinds of knowledge and

in this case I need some on this (Subject) as I am Not Familiar with this on these 2005 + Mustangs with the 4.6 Engine.

Thanks,

Terry (tigerhonaker)
Terry, If there is a supercharger in your future, leave the 3.73's in the car. I have read that 4.10's are too low for a supercharger and 3.73's would be better. If cams are in your future then 4.10's would be great. I would also consider the Ford dealer as an installation place and maybe using FRPP gears, maybe there would be some warranty available by doing it that way. Just a thought.Also if you are wanting more get up and go consider Kooks longtube headers and catted x-pipe. Might be good for additional 25 HP or Comp Cams NSR cams good for 25 to 30 HP. Just my 2 cents.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/2005/43213-3-55-vs-3-73-vs-4-10-gear-ratios-s197.html

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/mmfp_0610_bolt_on_performance_parts/index.html

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the Post...............

onefastbob said:
Terry, If there is a supercharger in your future, leave the 3.73's in the car. I have read that 4.10's are too low for a supercharger and 3.73's would be better. If cams are in your future then 4.10's would be great. I would also consider the Ford dealer as an installation place and maybe using FRPP gears, maybe there would be some warranty available by doing it that way. Just a thought.Also if you are wanting more get up and go consider Kooks longtube headers and catted x-pipe. Might be good for additional 25 HP or Comp Cams NSR cams good for 25 to 30 HP. Just my 2 cents.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/2005/43213-3-55-vs-3-73-vs-4-10-gear-ratios-s197.html

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/mmfp_0610_bolt_on_performance_parts/index.html
Bob,

Terry, If there is a supercharger in your future, leave the 3.73's in the car.
NO, way to much ($$$$$$$$) for Me !!!!!!!!!

Comp Cams NSR cams good for 25 to 30 HP. Just my 2 cents.
This is already in the works. (Comp Cams) !!!!!!!

Waiting for their (New NSR Cams) to be Announced .......

Been on the Phone with Seth at (Brenspeed) ............

Should be out by the end of this Month........

Bob,

I want (Maximum) Performance for every dollar spent.......

I've been there many times in the past and have a (Plan) for the Bullitt

that I can Afford and it will be Fast-Enough for this Ole-Boy :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Thanks, for the Post Big-Guy !!!!!!!!!!

I would also consider the Ford dealer as an installation place and maybe using FRPP gears,
I am considering that (Option) as well and certainly the FRPP Gears and Install Kit.

Terry (tigerhonaker)

·
Banned
1,313 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
Bob,

NO, way to much ($$$$$$$$) for Me !!!!!!!!!

This is already in the works. (Comp Cams) !!!!!!!

Waiting for their (New NSR Cams) to be Announced .......

Been on the Phone with Seth at (Brenspeed) ............

Should be out by the end of this Month........

Bob,

I want (Maximum) Performance for every dollar spent.......

I've been there many times in the past and have a (Plan) for the Bullitt

that I can Afford and it will be Fast-Enough for this Ole-Boy :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Thanks, for the Post Big-Guy !!!!!!!!!!

I am considering that (Option) as well and certainly the FRPP Gears and Install Kit.

Terry (tigerhonaker)
Actually now I am considering FRPP cams installed by my local Ford dealer. Can get it done sooner! Would rather go to Brenspeed and have it done, but it is 800 miles from here. Might contact Ford dealer Monday!

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, Brenspeed is a Very Long Drive for either of Us...........

onefastbob said:
Actually now I am considering FRPP cams installed by my local Ford dealer. Can get it done sooner! Would rather go to Brenspeed and have it done, but it is 800 miles from here. Might contact Ford dealer Monday!
Bob,

Brenspeed,

Is a long ways for me to drive as well.

I have read on different Forums about the drop in FRPP (Hot Rod Cams).

Sutton has them for $779.99.

Just as a (Heads-Up) Brenspeed will NOT sale or (Install) the FRPP Hot Rod Cams.

Just spoke to Seth on Friday regarding Cams, Both the FRPP & Comp Cams.

I'm trying to stay Calm and do this by the Numbers on my Bullitt.

Meaning, in the past I would think up what I wanted and then have it ALL-DONE at the same time.

That has Proven Not to be the Best & Safest way to go I have found out. By spending my Bucks over many yrs. and many cars.

This time I know what works together for the Best Performance for the Dollars spent.

So, I am going to do things in a slower manner and make sure that is working and then go to the next thing.

I'm not going for some Wild Street, LOUD, Mustang. I just would like My-Bullitt to Sound (Cams) and Run (4:10's) like it Looks.

So, not really going after anything truly Wild on this end, just going to (Improve) on an already Great Platform.

Kinda I suppose making My-Bullitt more like a 60's Hot Rod Mustang !!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Terry (tigerhonaker)

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
Terry,

Here are a couple of tables that might help in you're decision. It helps me to see things in table form like this.

<TABLE class=MsoTableGrid style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 480; mso-padding-alt: 0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-border-insideh: .5pt solid windowtext; mso-border-insidev: .5pt solid windowtext" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>Descriptionffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 91.8pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=122>
2001 Bullitt<O:p></O:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 1.25in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=120>
2008 Bullitt<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>Tire Diameter<O:p></O:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 91.8pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=122>
25.7”<O:p></O:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 1.25in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=120>
27.2”<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 2"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>Stock Gear<O:p></O:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 91.8pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=122>
3.27<O:p></O:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 1.25in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=120>
3.73<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 3"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM @ 70 with 3.27<O:p></O:p>

2006<O:p></O:p>

1804*<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 4"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM @ 70 with 3.55<O:p></O:p>

2177<O:p></O:p>

2056*<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 5"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM @ 70 with 3.73<O:p></O:p>

2287<O:p></O:p>

2161<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 6"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM @ 70 with 3.90<O:p></O:p>

2391<O:p></O:p>

2260<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 7"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM @ 70 with 4.10<O:p></O:p>

2514<O:p></O:p>

2375<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 8"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM @ 70 with 4.30<O:p></O:p>

2637<O:p></O:p>

2491<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 9; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM @ 70 with 4.56<O:p></O:p>

2796<O:p></O:p>

2642<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<O:p></O:p>
* Reference only<O:p></O:p>
<TABLE class=MsoTableGrid style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 480; mso-padding-alt: 0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-border-insideh: .5pt solid windowtext; mso-border-insidev: .5pt solid windowtext" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>Description<O:p></O:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 91.8pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=122>
RPM @ 70 mph<O:p></O:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 1.25in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=120>
RPM @ 80 mph<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM with 3.73<O:p></O:p>

2470<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 2"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM with 3.90<O:p></O:p>

2582<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 3"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM with 4.10<O:p></O:p>

2715<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 4"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM with 4.30<O:p></O:p>

2847<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 5; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM with 4.56<O:p></O:p>

3019<O:p></O:p>

I have seen the 3.73 vs 4.10 question asked a million times regarding the SN95 Mustangs. I have seen the answer for 3.73 with FI and 4.10 for NA just as many. Quite a few will say 3.73 NA if you do a lot of hwy miles and 4.10 if you don't.

KEEP IN MIND THAT OUR TIRES ARE 1.5" TALLER THAN THE STOCK SN95 MUSTANGS (not trying to irritate Bob here :-D . Just provoking thought). Don't forget also the 2008 Bullitt has a higher redline.

Happy decision making. :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

·
Banned
1,313 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
Terry,

Here are a couple of tables that might help in you're decision. It helps me to see things in table form like this.

<TABLE class=MsoTableGrid style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 480; mso-padding-alt: 0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-border-insideh: .5pt solid windowtext; mso-border-insidev: .5pt solid windowtext" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>Descriptionffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>

2001 Bullitt<O:p></O:p>

2008 Bullitt<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>Tire Diameter<O:p></O:p>

25.7”<O:p></O:p>

27.2”<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 2"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>Stock Gear<O:p></O:p>

3.27<O:p></O:p>

3.73<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 3"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM @ 70 with 3.27<O:p></O:p>

2006<O:p></O:p>

1804*<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 4"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM @ 70 with 3.55<O:p></O:p>

2177<O:p></O:p>

2056*<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 5"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM @ 70 with 3.73<O:p></O:p>

2161<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 6"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM @ 70 with 3.90<O:p></O:p>

2260<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 7"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM @ 70 with 4.10<O:p></O:p>

2375<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 8"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM @ 70 with 4.30<O:p></O:p>

2491<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 9; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM @ 70 with 4.56<O:p></O:p>

2642<O:p></O:p>

* Reference only<O:p></O:p>
<TABLE class=MsoTableGrid style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 480; mso-padding-alt: 0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-border-insideh: .5pt solid windowtext; mso-border-insidev: .5pt solid windowtext" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>Description<O:p></O:p>

RPM @ 70 mph<O:p></O:p>

RPM @ 80 mph<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM with 3.73<O:p></O:p>

2470<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 2"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM with 3.90<O:p></O:p>

2582<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 3"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM with 4.10<O:p></O:p>

2715<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 4"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM with 4.30<O:p></O:p>

2847<O:p></O:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 5; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM with 4.56<O:p></O:p>

3019<O:p></O:p>

I have seen the 3.73 vs 4.10 question asked a million times regarding the SN95 Mustangs. I have seen the answer for 3.73 with FI and 4.10 for NA just as many. Quite a few will say 3.73 NA if you do a lot of hwy miles and 4.10 if you don't.

KEEP IN MIND THAT OUR TIRES ARE 1.5" TALLER THAN THE STOCK SN95 MUSTANGS (not trying to irritate Bob here :-D . Just provoking thought). Don't forget also the 2008 Bullitt has a higher redline.

Nothing irritating at all about your post, just good info. You didn't even give an opinion as to what you would do. Come on now, speak up.:lol:

·
Banned
1,313 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
Bob,

Brenspeed,

Is a long ways for me to drive as well.

I have read on different Forums about the drop in FRPP (Hot Rod Cams).

Sutton has them for $779.99.

Just as a (Heads-Up) Brenspeed will NOT sale or (Install) the FRPP Hot Rod Cams.

Just spoke to Seth on Friday regarding Cams, Both the FRPP & Comp Cams.

I'm trying to stay Calm and do this by the Numbers on my Bullitt.

Meaning, in the past I would think up what I wanted and then have it ALL-DONE at the same time.

That has Proven Not to be the Best & Safest way to go I have found out. By spending my Bucks over many yrs. and many cars.

This time I know what works together for the Best Performance for the Dollars spent.

So, I am going to do things in a slower manner and make sure that is working and then go to the next thing.

I'm not going for some Wild Street, LOUD, Mustang. I just would like My-Bullitt to Sound (Cams) and Run (4:10's) like it Looks.

So, not really going after anything truly Wild on this end, just going to (Improve) on an already Great Platform.

Kinda I suppose making My-Bullitt more like a 60's Hot Rod Mustang !!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Terry (tigerhonaker)
I think Brenspeed and Comp Cams work together so they are not going to suggest the Ford Cams. I will look up the cam specs and post them.

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
onefastbob said:
Nothing irritating at all about your post, just good info. You didn't even give an opinion as to what you would do. Come on now, speak up.:lol:
As far me:

At least 4.10's. No second thoughts about that. It should work very well with the tune and cams.

My question is what would 4.30's be like for ME? Very limited hwy miles. Would I run out of gear in the 1/4 mile? This is a concern for me as I have had a lot of fun taking the car to the strip. I need to find the calculator for that.

·
Banned
1,313 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
As far me:

At least 4.10's. No second thoughts about that. It should work very well with the tune and cams.

My question is what would 4.30's be like for ME? Very limited hwy miles. Would I run out of gear in the 1/4 mile? This is a concern for me as I have had a lot of fun taking the car to the strip. I need to find the calculator for that.
Haven't had mine to the strip yet, but I know it runs about 105 in the very top end of 3rd with stock gears. I would guess if you go with 4.30's you probably have to shift to 4th. Do you stay in 3rd in the 1/4 now?

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Great Charts for Comparision................

Bullitt 736 said:
Terry,

<TABLE class=MsoTableGrid style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 480; mso-padding-alt: 0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-border-insideh: .5pt solid windowtext; mso-border-insidev: .5pt solid windowtext" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>Description<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
2001 Bullitt<o:p></o:p>
2008 Bullitt<o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>Tire Diameter<o:p></o:p>
25.7”<o:p></o:p>
27.2”<o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 2"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>Stock Gear<o:p></o:p>
3.27<o:p></o:p>
3.73<o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 3"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM @ 70 with 3.27<o:p></o:p>
2006<o:p></o:p>
1804*<o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 4"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM @ 70 with 3.55<o:p></o:p>
2177<o:p></o:p>
2056*<o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 5"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM @ 70 with 3.73<o:p></o:p>
2287<o:p></o:p>
2161<o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 6"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM @ 70 with 3.90<o:p></o:p>
2391<o:p></o:p>
2260<o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 7"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM @ 70 with 4.10<o:p></o:p>
2514<o:p></o:p>
2375<o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 8"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM @ 70 with 4.30<o:p></o:p>
2637<o:p></o:p>
2491<o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 9; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM @ 70 with 4.56<o:p></o:p>
2796<o:p></o:p>
2642<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
* Reference only<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
<TABLE class=MsoTableGrid style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 480; mso-padding-alt: 0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-border-insideh: .5pt solid windowtext; mso-border-insidev: .5pt solid windowtext" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>Description<o:p></o:p>
RPM @ 70 mph<o:p></o:p>
RPM @ 80 mph<o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM with 3.73<o:p></o:p>
2287<o:p></o:p>
2470<o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 2"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM with 3.90<o:p></o:p>
2391<o:p></o:p>
2582<o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 3"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM with 4.10<o:p></o:p>
2514<o:p></o:p>
2715<o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 4"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM with 4.30<o:p></o:p>
2637<o:p></o:p>
2847<o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 5; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 2.05in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=197>RPM with 4.56<o:p></o:p>
2796<o:p></o:p>
3019<o:p></o:p>

Charles,

I was on another Mustang Forum and saw where a Member there did the Comparison

between the 3:73 & 4:10 gears in regards to RPM.

From reading your Table it looks like there is (214 RPM Difference) for the

2008 Bullitt driven at 70 MPG. I can Certainly live with that and infact to be Honest here that is like Nothing compared to what gears we use to run back when I was really into the Mustang thing. Like 4:10 was considered kinda a Sissy :badgrin: wanna-B-Gear :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

The real gears ran were 4:33, 4:56, 4:88, and a few real Die-Hards with 5:14 Gears.

Great Tables you furnished and seeing the Very Little Difference just Reinforces my Decision to go with the 4:10's and have that, JUMP from a Start :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, there is Very Little difference in FE (Fuel Economy) between the 3:73 & 4:10's

in the Real World.

Nice Post and very much Appreciated !!!!!!!!!

Terry (tigerhonaker)

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, Brenspeed does work with Comp Cams.........

onefastbob said:
I think Brenspeed and Comp Cams work together so they are not going to suggest the Ford Cams. I will look up the cam specs and post them.
Bob,

You are right that Brenspeed does work with Comp Cams.......

I saw the FRPP cams and the Comp Cams Comparison not long ago and there is

very little difference.

I also read in a number of Threads where Members had the FRPP Cams and others had the Comp NSR Cams.

Both did just fine as far as Performance.

Terry

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stick with the 4:10's................

Bullitt 736 said:
As far me:

Charles,

I think you can RUN the 4:30's if you are running it on the 1/4 mile.

But 1st and 2nd gear are going to be very short indeed.

Hey we all have to do as we see fit but if you are driving it on the (Interstate) at say 70-80 MPH I think I would stick with the 4:10's.

I have had 4:33 Gears in the past with a 4-Speed trans. and it was like Quick but we only drove like 60MPH on the Road.

These New Modular Engines like RPMs so I think it goes back to what and how you are using the car.

OPINION; Stick with the 4:10's I think.......... Just My 2-Cents :idea: :idea: :idea:

Terry (tigerhonaker)

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
Charles,

I think you can RUN the 4:30's if you are running it on the 1/4 mile.

But 1st and 2nd gear are going to be very short indeed.

Hey we all have to do as we see fit but if you are driving it on the (Interstate) at say 70-80 MPH I think I would stick with the 4:10's.

I have had 4:33 Gears in the past with a 4-Speed trans. and it was like Quick but we only drove like 60MPH on the Road.

These New Modular Engines like RPMs so I think it goes back to what and how you are using the car.

OPINION; Stick with the 4:10's I think.......... Just My 2-Cents :idea: :idea: :idea:

Terry (tigerhonaker)
Your right about 1st and 2nd being short. The tranny in my two early model Mustangs and '69 Camaro weren't quite the stump puller this one is.

4.30 would be a concern on a really long trip such as Nats.

With some nice sticky tires they would be fun though.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
4:10 Makes Sense

In the 08/09 Discussion group, there is a thread regarding HP and included a link to the mustang50magazine dyno results. If you notice that chart, it appears that the 08 Bullitt make it's power in the upper RPM range, so by using 4:10 and keeping the RPM's a little higher, you should see some improvment in drivabiliy.

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/fe...8_ford_mustang_bullitt/dyno_test_results.html

Now once you start changing CAMS, etc. that will effect the power curve and your best gear may change. May be best to discuss this with Brenspeed (or whoever will supply you CAM) prior to chosing your gear.

I like the way you are approaching these MODs. You really understand that you need to design the complete package so everything works together.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Jack, we are on the same page.................

JackDW - 852 said:
In the 08/09 Discussion group, there is a thread regarding HP and included a link to the mustang50magazine dyno results. If you notice that chart, it appears that the 08 Bullitt make it's power in the upper RPM range, so by using 4:10 and keeping the RPM's a little higher, you should see some improvement in drivability.

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/fe...8_ford_mustang_bullitt/dyno_test_results.html

Now once you start changing CAMS, etc. that will effect the power curve and your best gear may change. May be best to discuss this with Brenspeed (or whoever will supply you CAM) prior to choosing your gear.

I like the way you are approaching these MODs. You really understand that you need to design the complete package so everything works together.
Hey Jack,

Brenspeed is the Supplier and Knowledge Base I am using.

We are on the same page here Pal.........

I have been through this many times in the Past and it did not

always go Smooth.

I'm older now and a lot more Careful about just Throwing Mods. together before

seeing what really works best together.

I'm not looking to make My-Bullitt some kind of Terror on the Streets.

I personally know from my past what I want the Bullitt to feel like going through

the gears. Pull hard and Rev Fast with Torque at Mid & High RPM's

I had not seen this: http://www.mustang50magazine.com/fea...t_results.html

I printed it out so I can keep it.

Thanks for the Post.........

Terry (tigerhonaker)

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Gosh Terry, is it really necessary to use all that painful type??? Going from color to color and size to size means that I won't even read your posts, that is, unless I feel like having a good ole headache.

What do you say, type like a gentleman?

My eyes will thank you.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts