Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my hood popped for excessive noise and not having a carb number for the ford racing headers. does anyone know where i can get the carb info? need this asap guys! thanks

·
Registered
710 Posts
Maybe contact your local Ford performance dealer, only thing I can think of. Around here only one dealership carries the performance parts.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
find out if there is a decibel limit where you got pulled over/in your state, because if there isnt one then to my knowledge they cant cite you for "excessive noise."

not sure on the carb number, but like "jp" said trying the local parts dealer sounds like a decent idea??

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there is a sound limit, i'm def way over it! getting that signed off shouldn't be a problem. but my main problem is not having a visable carb number on the headers.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
dear god... they can see down that far? lol :D

good luck :)

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Check the WEB Site of the manufacturer to see if maybe they have something. Or call a lcoal smog station and see if they have any ideas for you!

One of my co workers son has this problem with is tricked out BMW all the time! They make him pop the hood and then start hassing him for everything!!! UGGG... Just have to LOVE California for this.

Thanks

Bud

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
They can get you for not having the carb number, but unless they had device that measured decibles it won't hold up in court. Gainesville, Florida has been pulling people over lately for "loud exhaust." However, here in FL it gets thrown out of court if you contest it since "loud" is subjective and not measured. Without a way to prove that you exceeded decible levels, it will not hold up.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, i found out the ford racing headers do not have a carb number. and just so you guys know, the reason he "knew" they were aftermarket was because of the "chrome bolts". WTF? how does that make the header aftermarket? whatever.....
i'm hoping i can just pay the fine and not have to go to the smog ref.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Get a scan of any carb number.....it may not hold up in court, but I doubt seriously if Patrol Officers have a list of actual carb numbers with them!

This guy needs to realize that there are real criminals out there for him to jack with and to leave peeps like us alone!

·
Registered
899 Posts
I'm so glad I don't live in an inspection state anymore....good luck 890!!!

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Watch out for the GPD though Rarecat. They love busting people on loud exhaust. Thankfully most of that has been since I moved away. I've even heard of them giving people with factory "loud" exhaust some hassle.

·
Registered
120 Posts
You should have given them some Tofu and some global warming sunglasses. If you were illegal (south of the border), they would have given you cash and free food. Man this jerks my chain.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
been on the phone all day with the court, pd, state air board, and smog ref. according to all these "experts" :rolleyes: car has to have 100% stock exhaust or it will not get signed off. what a f'n joke. pd told me any modification to exhaust is illegal and he showed me the vehicle code to back it up. and if the car is driven between now and when its signed off, it gets towed and i go to jail.
and to think i've spent the last 3 years going to school studying criminal justice and want to be an LEO. and after all this work i'll be working with these people? might be time to change my major, again.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
What is the law in California concerning exhaust modifications? If you know what the law is and you did something that is not allowed do not blame those enforcing the law.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
What he said.... Can't blame them when you did something to your car that is illegal and they "caught" you. As far as being a LEO if you don't think every law in your state is fair maybe it isn't the career field for you. When you take the oath you swear to enforce ALL laws of the state not just one's you like. In actuallity it is against Federal Law to screw with the emissions on any vehicle. I am as guilty as anyone on that. (O/R H)

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
rblack4405 said:
What is the law in California concerning exhaust modifications? If you know what the law is and you did something that is not allowed do not blame those enforcing the law.
any modification to the factory exhaust is illegal in CA. i blame those who thought they had the time to enforce this law on me. the local pd does absolutely nothing AT ALL about the real criminals here. those who sell drugs, and steal from others. the same dirtbags have been doing these things since i was a kid and its common knowledge who they are. but the city pd CHOOSES which crimes to go after. 99% of the time this involves things like no front license plate and kids riding bikes without helmets. if you dont believe me, do a little research on my local pd. they have been under heat the last year or so for racial profiling and a few other issues.
also, i hardly think that the citing officer in my case was even remotely qualified to write this ticket. he knew my car wasn't stock because the header bolts were chrome, and therefore was in violation. so under his logic, chrome header bolts = modified car = street racer = me deserving to be messed with on a thursday evening on the way home from dinner with the girl.
and another thing, i have had 890 since i was 16, got it new. i'm almost 23 now. somehow, i've managed to drive 890, a 96 SS impala, 01 lightning, trailblazer ss, and a blown denali without ever EVER EVER getting a ticket for anything other than no front license plate. but i "fit the profile of a street racer" (according to the sgt. i talked to today). so, what he told me is i'm guilty until i prove myself innocent everytime they want to screw with me. and any parts on my car are illegal until i prove them otherwise.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
droopysbullitt said:
What he said.... Can't blame them when you did something to your car that is illegal and they "caught" you. As far as being a LEO if you don't think every law in your state is fair maybe it isn't the career field for you. When you take the oath you swear to enforce ALL laws of the state not just one's you like. In actuallity it is against Federal Law to screw with the emissions on any vehicle. I am as guilty as anyone on that. (O/R H)
i agree with what you say about enforcing laws. but there is more than enough crime for city pd's to stay busy and leave me alone.
and it is illegal to modify the exhaust. and if everyone is getting cited for it then i can understand why i did. but i'm not happy if i'm being singled out. my exhaust is no more illegal than every pickup with flows in this town. why dont they get stopped? oh yeah, i forgot, because i'm a street racer.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I`m no friend of street racing but, in America, how come you are guilty until you prove otherwise?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts