Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped bu the dealership to get my glvoe box fixed (2000 GT Lots of mods), and they had a Green Bullitt in the show room. Well the next I know I am on the road. Wow do these handle and feel great. Hourse power is a dog compared to my modedd GT, but my mods would bolt on, and this think would scream.

Anyways, next thing I know we are punching up numbers. Being that I was not real intersted at the time I did not do much dikering. Here is what the wanted:

28,999 with 1500 cash back:
16,500 for my GT (5000 miles)

I am really thinking on this one hard.

here are my questions:

1. Do you think the Bullitt will go up in value, like in 10 years time, being that it is a limited run???

2. What should I go back in with for a counter offer???

3. OR should I just upgrade the shocks and suspenison on MY GT and be done with it.....

Any input would be greatly appreicated.....

I would love to do this.. but I will get spanked on my trade in, and loose about 5000 on it at this time. I have only had it for one year and have modifed the hell out of it.... But the dealer said I can take all teh mods off and return it to stock.... So I would have a Bullitt with a PRO M 87, MAc CIA, Bassani X and maganflow cat back, PRo Ax 5, it would be one mean hot rod....

Thanks

Doug

Sorry to ramble.. I am a bit excited.....

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
First off, why do they have it marked above sticker for? Sticker should be 27,380 with the MACH 460 and BULLITT package. Most everyone on here paid stiker or less, including me. Art Hyde said this car would be worth something some day, for what that's worth. He also said that this is it for the BULLITT. These 6500 will be the only factory BULLITTS on the street. As far as mods go, personally I'm leaving mine stock except for a K&N. It's really up to you on the mods. The have been some guys who raced the BULLITT motor in mod competition a few years ago and they say to leave it stock, and after 4,000 miles hone out the intake (because it is very rough inside) and see what happens. Good luck with your decision!
Cam

·
Registered
144 Posts
I can't give you any advice on the trade-in, but that is a bit high of a price on the Bullitt. I paid MSRP and that was more than most people. Of course now that they are getting towards the end of the production run maybe dealers are jacking up the price? Who knows how the Bullitt will be valued in the future, the truth is 95% of cars lose their value. The only ones that really go up are the really rare exotic cars that are hard to get. Some Ferraris for example, are difficult to buy new, so the used models actually can sell for more. It would be nice to see the Bullitt at least retain some of its value though. $5000 is a big hit to take after only a year. Good luck. It is a sweet car.

DHG #765

If you listen closely, you can hear your Chevy rusting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IvanGrozny on 2001-07-13 14:36 ]</font>

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I traded in a 6 month old, 2001 Subaru Impreza RS. I was never upside down, but I took a hit on the trade in.

They bumped the trade price up when I hedged a bit, but the special 5.9% APR made up for the loss in the trade.

As far as cars appreciating- Don't expect he Bullitt to make you money. Even if you park it w/ zero miles.

It may hold its value longer. But don't buy a car as an investment.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Don't forget to view our posts regarding defects at delivery. If you're seriously thinking about it - be sure that the Bullitt you're looking at is as perfect as can be. Look at it hard without appearing too eager. Strike your deal, and then...... LOOK AT IT REAL HARD AND REAL SERIOUS, before plunking down anything. Good luck with your decision. Oh, you could send in a 'dummy' buyer to fake a rediculously low deal so the dealer gives you a bit more room! Ha Ha!

·
Registered
144 Posts
You traded in an Impreza for a Bullitt? Don't let Frank from Forbes find out about that. :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
too much money!!
don't drop your keys in front of these guys!
i paid sticker, $27,380.00.....that's enough for a dealer to make!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
As others have said, I wouldn't pay over MSRP; most of us didn't. Also, don't expect any car to retain it's value in as little as 10 years. Maybe in 30 or 40 years the Bullitt will be worth what you pay today, but I'd say roughly 95% of cars sold depreciate in value over time. But the Bullitt's a one-shot deal whereas you can always find another GT. Used Bullitt's might get scarce in the future.
Now I have a question about something you said. How is it that the Bullitt is a dog compared to your GT, yet you've only got bolt-on mods. Did they really make that big a difference? After rebuilding the 302 in my 85 GT (bigger cam, headers, removed all smog equip, bigger jets) I'm turning about 300hp at the flywheel & I can honestly say the Bullitt's just as fast off the line. Does the 4.6L really benefit that much from induction & exhaust mods without touching the cam or intake?
P.S. - I don't doubt what you say, I'm just curious.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Rancor keeper in my experience I would have to say that even with mods on my 99 Roush Stage II coupe that the Bullitt was stronger from stock. Just for reference I dyno'd my Stage II vert with pulleys, CAI, 70mm TB, JBA headers and Bassani X with cats, and a Superchip. Best run corrected was 285 FWHP and 329 FWTQ. I don't doubt that learo2000GT may have sensed his GT was better than his initial impression of the Bullitt but it could have been due to his not being familiar with it the way we are. In any case learo2000GT if you can swallow the hit on the trade then go for it. As a bonus you'll find that with just a few exaust mods will place you way above the power level of your GT. Check out www.roushraven99.freeservers.com to see what is dyno proven on my car and check out the posts from mus408, JBvobra, and others on this site and that should give you a good idea of what lies beneath that wonderful exterior.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the good info guys... not sure yet on what to do.. that Mach 1 that is suppose to come out looks real nice and fast.

performance Mods:
Pro M 87, MAC CIA modified, pullies, Basanni X pipe w/o Cats, magnaflow cat back,

yes it is a huge difference.....

My last dyno was 264.oo at the rear wheels...but the rpm's are out of this world now....... when you open the 4.6 to breath better and open teh exhuast up.... they real roar.......

But if those mods where put on the bullitt... it would kick some serious ass... The bullitt has a better chip so the timming is bumped up a bit (from heat I heard) and a better torgue range.

Doug

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
I'd say go for it as long as you can afford it. Not only do you get a car that is stronger than a stock GT but one that looks better IMO, but you also get to have a bit of exclusivity in what you drive. The Bullitt gets more looks than most GT's and Cobra's. You'll get to stand out a bit and be part of something that really is quite special.
As for the price.. I paid $500 over invoice for mine and most people here paid sticker or less. He can do better than what he offered. Also use the fact that you're taking a hit on your trade in and ask the simple question.. Do you want to make a sale today or wait and hope that one walks in later? And when and if he mentions that he can easily get what he's asking for it from someone else ask the obvious.. "Well why is it still sitting here then?"
As for your mods.. I dunno if the CAI will work with the Bullitt.. We have a different TB than the GT's. And to bring up the Mach 1.. well if they do produce it I believe they'll have a hard time selling it under the Cobra. It has everything the Cobra does except the IRS, and it adds the new hood with the Functional Shaker Ram air, more interior components, lower suspension, special wing and fascia, special paint and paint scheme.. They'll be VERRRY hard pressed to bring this in under the Cobra.. Not to mention the fact that with the DOHC and a live axle it'll probably spank the Cobra in the 1/4. What I CAN see happening is a MACH 1 version of the COBRA not the GT. For $1500 more than a Cobra you can have a "Mach 1 Cobra" But not a GT..

2001 DHG Bullitt #171

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-07-13 17:24 ]</font>

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well thanks for all the info. I really, really want this car.........

I figured out I own 18,000 on my GT. SO I think I can get them to 18,000 for my trade in, if not more, it has 1500 worth of tires and rims and it is lowered and tinted windows... they would push it off the lot quick... looks good....

OK they want 28888 for it, I am going to go in and put it to them real simple.

Give me the bullitt for 500 over invoice and pay off my current mustnag and I will take it.

Now question???? There is a 1500 rebate on the car. That should not be negotiated in the price of the car correct???? meaning they should not say well after rebate it is at sticker......

I So I should get the price dickered out first then I get the 1500 rebate on top of that.....

any other info......

Help me guys... for if I can get this to work I will be in a Bullitt come tommorrow.....

My wife is going to hve my nuts.. but I will have one hell of a hot rod... hehehehe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts