Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help from my fellow Bullitt members. Can anyone post up a picture of how you installed your oil separator? I purchased one from Steeda and I just want to reference another installation before I move forward.

Thanks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
23 looks? Any supercharged Bullitt owners running the oil separator kit? Can you help me with how you set-up yours? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I've only seen pics of the S197's. From what I understand the 01's are on the passenger side so its the same but reverse.

Here's Five Oh B's pic on his 07 GT:

Or you could try this way:

:lol:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks cdynaco! Yah, I can see it on the passenger side, but man....it's tight back there. There's no fricken way a can like the one in the picture above would fit. Gonna have to do some McGyver'n. Wish me luck.

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
The 01 Bullitts have PCV hoses on both sides of the engine. And as I look at multiple 01 Bullitts, the set up on both sides is a bit different from car to car. The passenger side is more difficult to deal with because of the plenum. Maybe only one side is better than none.

I bought the Steeda kit and it comes with "L" shaped nipples. A strait nipple would work better. So now I have to find something that will work for a straight, in-line set up.

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
There seem to be multiple small hoses coming from the passenger side PCV outlet on the cam cover on the 01. Anyone know what all this plumbing is for?

Does the 08/09 have only one PCV hose?

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
PhotoRick said:
Does the 08/09 have only one PCV hose?

There is a very small diameter (3/8? OD) hose on the passenger side bank. You can barely see it in Brian's pic where it comes off the throttle body to the cam cover. Much smaller than the 3/4 OD main tube (1/2 ID) on the drivers side. Still no actual PCV valve even though the 4.0 & 5.4 have them with what looks like an electronic control on them.

·
Premium Member
4,122 Posts
Driver side is just a 90 degree bend. Filtered air from the intake enters on the drivers side.

Passenger side is the PCV and goes to vacuum. On some 01's there is a "T" fitting off a heater hose by the firewall and it wraps around the PCV and then back to the intake/water inlet at the front. This was to heat the PCV.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts