Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching and reading and searching and reading, but I'll let you guys help. I'm thinking of just upgrading the intake on the 01. Would there be extra tuning required for C&L's trueflow inlet pipe, 80mm mass air and filter setup? I was guessing there would be. What about just the inlet pipe and filter setup?

Just for reference, I'm talking the 2nd and 3rd ones down this page...

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv8cnl.htm#3

Thanks!

Korey

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Usually with the 08 mustangs the computer does have to be tuned for any mods. I am not sure if the bullitt and newer cars are any different. Alot of company now sell packages for the 08 with cold air and tuner.

·
Registered
421 Posts
You don't need to tune but if you want the full benefits of it then ya go for it. My intake mods just consist of the JLT CAI and that is a great choice. I got my car SCT XCal3 tuned as well though. If you have the money, it doesn't hurt to buy a tuner now as you can always reflash your car and (at least the xcal) there are adjust options for just about all the bolt ons.. Wow, I just checked that kit and thats a bit o money. Looked at the JLT yet? It seems to be pretty popular on our cars.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking about JLT, but I like the fit and finish of the C&L system. CAn you get a tune from a company and use that or do you have to have the C&L system custom dynotuned?

Korey

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
JLT. Dont need a tune, but if you want to, I suggest a dyno tune to get the most out of the intake, but I would suggest doing a few more things like exhaust before you tune

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What about the C&L, though? Do you need a dynotune for it or does it do okay with no tuning?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I ordered a C&L intake and it would not fit for two reasons. One is the fact that I have a strut tower brace and the lack of flexibility with the aluminum intake made it difficult to line everything up. The second reason is the hole for the air sensor is located on the bottom right of the intake, thus restricting it from mounting without tapping a new hole and covering the old hole. It will hit a small black box on the right side on the engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts