Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Former Owner of 2001 DHG1557
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help for a friend who is trying to sell his 1995 Toyota T100 Pick-up truck that has a Salvage Title. He bought it from a guy who bought it as a Salvage Title vehicle, drove it 6 or 7 years then sold it to my friend who has driven it at least 2 years. Is there a way to do a Kelley Blue Book and then take 25% off price or 50% off price etc? Kelley under the poor rating shows Salvage title vehicles but says you would have to get an independent appraisal. Just trying to avoid that if possible.

Any opinions or comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
319 Posts
When buying just figure its a keeper as nobody will buy it from you unless you almost give them away also check the law but in California you cannot get theft or damage insurance for one, I saw 30-40% hit on low book

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
it's worth whatever someone will give you.

I found when selling my 96GT that was a rebuilder, it proved to be a bit difficult. People were blown off as soon as I mentioned the title. There is some truth to it, but mostly just being naive. Often a rebuilder is just as good a regular car, when done correctly of course. But also, it is worth less as it should be.

Depending on how good of shape, and what was done to it, you should still see within 25% (less than) of an original car IMHO. All vehicles are different, etc, though.

:edit
when I got my 96GT, most were still in the $6k to $8,500 range. I paid $4,400 for it off eBay. Only took about 3 weeks to sell it, but I got $3,800 IIRC. I took the miles from 65k to 98k in 2 years, and put Bullitt wheels on it (tires were worn out), and did some general cleanup here and there on it. Spent about $600 in stuff on it during ownership.

·
Registered
903 Posts
If your going to sell it ya better be a good salesman so to speak . The best thing to do is know just what was fixed in the first place and how good a job was done . I believe that is what's going to get you over the "salvage" / "rebuilt' title hump. You will have to sell it on the "quality" of repair. Otherwise you have two other choices to make . (1) sell it for whatever you can get or (2) Drive it til the cost of repairs exceeds the value of the vehicle then sell it to a wrecking yard and walk away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts