Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Florida and it's been in the 90's the last few days. New Bullitt owner too.
Anyway, the Silver shifter knob gets hotter than heck. I think I have the shift pattern branded in my hand.
Does anyone know the thread size on the Bullitt shifter handle. I don't think it's 12mm but I'm not sure. May be 3/16.
If anyone knows please help before I have to borrow Michael Jackson's glove.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Actually it is 12mm.

Most folks carry a small cover of some type to put over the ball when parked.

I use a small Crown Royal bag.

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
pitch said:
If anyone knows please help before I have to borrow Michael Jackson's glove.

Thanks,
Good one.
I would also say 12mm.
Try a small sock, a green one. Then have your Bullitt # embroidered on it for that elegant look. :lol:
I thought of doing that myself last summer. Not borrowing Michael Jackson glove, I mean the sock. :lol:

·
Registered
224 Posts
If I may ask a related question, is the shift knob attached to the boot and aluminum ring at the top of the boot, or will the knob unscrew and leave the boot and ring in place? I tried to unscrew mine and it appeared as if the boot was twisting as well, so I stopped, not wanting to break anything.:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
The shift ball comes off complete with the machined extension. The boot just fits tight around the extension. Peel it back off the extension then grab the ball and turn it counter clockwise to remove. Count the turns taking it off just so you'll know how many it took. When I put mine back on it felt like I could go a little more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts