Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

having seen a fellow member here with a `01 Bullitt badge on the grill, I decided to go for that mod as well.

Now, I've obtained the `01 Bullitt letters, but what should I use for a baseplate to add the letters onto? Here's the mod:

Any idea what I could use and how to attach it the most convenient way? A plate with threads on the backside would be way to thick I guess.

Sadly, the member didn't answer on my request, so I thought I'd ask here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dennis,

I have that on my 1044. I was fortunate to have a friend who has a small machine shop. He cut a piece of Aluminum just big enough for the letters to fit and countersank 2 #10 X2" bolts into plate..then powder coated satin black.

Used wing nuts and washers to attach to Grill

Jim

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Jim,

indeed, it was your mod I found so great. Can you explain how you countersank the bolts? Did you use normal screws and added the letters on top of them or how are the bolts attached to the plate?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Although I can't help in the "how to" part of this thread. I will say that is a very cool mod idea. Nicely done.

·
Registered
87 Posts
DSG 56 said:
Although I can't help in the "how to" part of this thread. I will say that is a very cool mod idea. Nicely done.

Does anyone know where to buy the bullitt emblem? I like this idea, but missed the original thread.

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
the lettering is usually on ebay for sale

·
Registered
27 Posts
TheGreenMachine said:
Hi Jim,

indeed, it was your mod I found so great. Can you explain how you countersank the bolts? Did you use normal screws and added the letters on top of them or how are the bolts attached to the plate?
Used a standard Countersinking bit to make the hole. Used an epoxy made for metal.Let fully cure and had it powdercoated. If it is not flush ....grind it or fill it then smooth out prior to coating. I'm sure you could just paint instead of powder coating.

The letter are just stuck on with adhesive backing that comes on them. You pull the backing of each indivual letter. This leaves them stuck to an overall piece that keeps the properly alinged. Then just carfully place on the the back plate you have made...press well and remove the rest of the backing.

Hope this helps.

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts