Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a ? about my bullitt...when i try 2 down shif into first it will not go in gear,it just grinds...the only way i can get it into first is i have 2 b at a dead stop and it will go in with no problem...1st is the only gear that is doin this,every other gear feels fine...not sure if its the clutch or the trans....any ideas??

·
Registered
270 Posts
u really never should be putting your car into first if you are moving. I think there is a gate or something that my close in the tranny so u cant do that. I would imagine putting the car into first while moving would be bad on every damn part of your drivetrain if u let that clutch out even a small bit. I know with my car that i cannot put it into first if i am going over 5, reverse is the same way.

Cliff Notes: Do not put car back into first while moving

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea reverse is the same but it has always been that way...no grinding when it goes n though....even from a stop somethims it will grind kind of bad goin in...

·
Registered
270 Posts
if u go in between shift gates i think it will do that. I have an mgw shifter and it dosnt do it as much as stock but i remeber when putting the car in second it would vibrate real bad and grind...but it wasnt a metalic noise more of a really loud rubber vibrating noise.

·
Registered
816 Posts
In general I believe it is not designed to go back into first gear while in motion. It is designed to make you move from a stop. Alot of stress on your whole drive train to drop it into 1st gear. Why steess the whole system?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts