Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
This year is Indy June 4 - 7, 2009. Next year will be toward the West Coast and the East after that. The exact location is announced at the awards ceremony during each Nationals so you have right at a year to make plans. I'm thinking that Indy might be quite the drive from Alaska..

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
BTW, input for 2011 location is welcomed.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Might be a long drive, But what better way to break in the car! I can only imagine it would be some beautiful scenery and FUN roads!

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
at about 3764 miles, you might be right.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I might see you guys down there.

I'm embarassed to bring my bullitt down; i live an hour north of Indy.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
somewhere East of '11, right? Sorry, no suggestions from me.

Has the location for '10 been decided yet?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Oklahoma City for 10
Ennis Texas for 11
Alaska for 12
Connecticut for 13
Houston for 15
Toronto for 19

yes?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Los said:
Oklahoma City for 10
Ennis Texas for 11
Alaska for 12
Connecticut for 13
Houston for 15
Toronto for 19

yes?

I sure hope not.

3 Eastern, 2 central (both in the DEEEEEP south) and only a single Western event and the closest it ever gets to me is 1,700 miles. This plan would guarantee I would never be able to attend a single event for at least the next 5 years.

I have heard mention of Colorado as a potential '10 Western destination, which is likely too far for me to consider this central region destination, but it would be far better than OKC (the closest in this list).

I realize that many events will be too far for me, considering where I live, but having one close enough for me to at least consider making the trek would be nice.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
krr4989 said:
when & where are these Bullitt Nationals? A new Bullitthead wants to know.:question: :rolleyes:
I vote the next one is in your neighborhood!
We could all cruise the AlCan.

J.

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
Lightning said:
somewhere East of '11, right? Sorry, no suggestions from me.

Has the location for '10 been decided yet?
2010 Will be announced in Indy during awards.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
BlueBullitt2180 said:
2010 Will be announced in Indy during awards.
Ok, thank you. I look forward to the announcement at that point.

droopysbullitt said:
How about 1500 miles??? Are you in Alberta?
Yes, Calgary (Southern Alberta).

1,500 I would consider. Main issue with long distance meets is what to do about the rest of the family here. If it's a destination where the family can go and do their own 'tourist' thing then it is far more likely than a location where they have no interest in going as we don't do the separate vacation thing... And unfortunately, they are not as diehard as I am. :(

Also, if I haven't mentioned it earlier, if a location in this area is ever considered/selected I would be willing to volunteer my time to help make arrangements.

Hmmm, maybe Montana sometime in the future? Now that would be an ideal drive for me. Have a Bullitts in Yellowstone event.

Los said:
I was just blowin' steam up something. o_O
I know, me too. :)

It would be nice to be able to plan that far in advance, but unfortunately not too practical I think.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
wow I didn't even realize nats is so soon this year, regrettably I wont be going :( ....hopefully next year i'll be able to commandeer a trailer and join in

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Lightning said:
Ok, thank you. I look forward to the announcement at that point.

Yes, Calgary (Southern Alberta).

1,500 I would consider. Main issue with long distance meets is what to do about the rest of the family here. If it's a destination where the family can go and do their own 'tourist' thing then it is far more likely than a location where they have no interest in going as we don't do the separate vacation thing... And unfortunately, they are not as diehard as I am. :(

Also, if I haven't mentioned it earlier, if a location in this area is ever considered/selected I would be willing to volunteer my time to help make arrangements.

Hmmm, maybe Montana sometime in the future? Now that would be an ideal drive for me. Have a Bullitts in Yellowstone event.

I know, me too. :)

It would be nice to be able to plan that far in advance, but unfortunately not too practical I think.
Having the Nats at Myrtle Beach, SC last year went a long way to appease the wives, kids, and girlfriends (I think it was the only reason why Cochese/PX/SBJ got to go :lol: ). When I mentioned Indianapolis this year, she said, "No thanks". She is excited about the possibility of Colorado or Utah next year since that is somewhere she has always wanted to visit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts