Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need Major Help

I'm in a big situation, and have no clue what to do. In early September I moved up to San Jose from Los Angeles for a job my friend offered working for a contracting company - Momentivation - which is contracted by Comcast, and I knew it was commissioned-based, but I took it anyway. He told me making $500+ a week was EASILY attainable, and I believed him. I wasn't too good at sales, so I was barely making $100 a week. Fast forward to one month ago.

Some legal issues with Comcast arised, and we (everybody working for Momentivation) were all out of a job for about a week and a half. After everything got settled, and we started working with Comcast again, I got promoted to General Manager of my office because the old General Manager moved to San Luis Obispo to sell Charter instead, but with the same company. Now, the pay was good. $200 a week base, and for every 100 installs the office gets it's an additional $100. $200 is the minimum, regardless how many installs went through. So for example, if the office only got 10 installs, I'd still get payed $200. If they got 299, it'd be $200. 300 installs was $300, 400 was $400, etc. My first check after promotion, $230 (I had a sale.) Next week, they changed the pay, for better or worse, you decide. There's no more base pay of $200, but they changed it to $50 for every 50 installs. My office never gets more than 100 installs in a week, so I'm royally ****ed now.

Tomorrow's check is roughly $80, and I only have $240 in the bank. My car payment is 2 days overdue (it's $270,) and I have no money to pay off my auto insurance ($240.) What should I do? I'm so sad right now :(. I need a new job, but then it'll be worse, because I'll get payed bi-weekly, and my first check won't probably be for about 3 weeks. Either that, or get better in sales, but this damn new position has me tied up with paper work, so I have no time to go out. Even if I did, I'm not a good salesman, so I have problem selling cable. Thanks for reading my rant, I think I'm gonna go to sleep now to relieve my stress. I actually haven't been able to have a good nights sleep, I keep having nightmares. So young, only 19, and already in major debt. Life sucks.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Pay the car payment with what you have. And stall on the insurance until you have that money. When the insurance is paid put the car on suspence, way cheaper, until you get back on your feet. The only thing is you cannot drive it, like its in storage fire and theft. You would have to use public transportation or some one elses car. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would putting the car on suspense affect my or my co-signer's credit at all? What about payments? What I do pay, does it count towards my normal payments? Also, do I keep the car parked where I live, or do they temporarily pick it up? If I can keep it, what keeps them from finding out if I'm driving it or not?

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I would contact the finance company (in person). Explain your situation and arrange to make a lesser payment over the next 3 months (say half). Pay the insurance so you can drive the car.. Raise your deductible to lower your payments.

Quit your current job. Take a deep breath, and go find a job that pays a base salary be in in San Jose or back in LA. Find something you like to do, not necessarily something you want to do. Once you have that new job, increase your car payment over the next 3-6 months until you have caught up with the payments.

Can you borrow money from a friend or relative?

What are you good at? You said yourself it's not sales so why put yourself through the aggrevation and stress in a sales job? Find a job that fits your skills and go after those jobs.

If you are on your own, move in with a friend or relative to save on rent or house payments.

While your at your new job, you can look for a better one. Here are job sites on the Internet where you can casually look for jobs in your area:

www.monster.com
www.careerbuilder.com

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
suspense is for the insurance only fire and theft when you dont use the vehicle. It should not effect co-sign credit. The payments are differant you probably have to pay what you owe first then the suspense is I think 100 for 6 months check, every company is different. You park the car at your home or your familys home just so it does not towed for sitting in one spot to long, not on the street preferably in doors. The credit company will probably want a copy of your policy after you do this. They will also keep track of miles.

·
Registered
651 Posts
What am I missing here? $200 a week/40 hours a week is $5/hour. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, minimum wage in California is $7.50/hour, and is supposed to go up to $8.00/hour in January. Which makes it sound like you could be flipping burgers at McDonalds and make half again what you currently make. Is this a part-time job? What type of company pays a General Manager $200 a freakin' week? Somebody clue me in here.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That's the thing, it's a commission based job. To top it off, as I stated before, the pay changed. It's now $50 per every 50 sales, there's NO more base pay. I'm so stressed right now, I'm gonna ask either for a raise or just quit. There's nobody to take my position. The thing is, I get payed more per sale on commission. We got checks today, mine was a measly $88.50 ($50 for the 76 installs, plus $35 for my only sale, minus 10% hold back [$31.50,]) while my friend's was $680. Well, $680 minus 10% hold backs which came out to $612. He started working there AFTER me, but he's a good salesman. I just need to sell better.

[EDIT]

Oh, I forgot to mention, I worked a little over 60 hours a week for this damn check.

[EDIT 2]

Now that I think about it, I brought this upon myself. Ever since it started getting darker earlier, I started slacking. Tomorrow I'm gonna work my ass off, from 3-8:30, get nothing but sales, and hopefully make 4 sales. On average, people make 6-8 sales a day, and the better salesmen make 10+. It's easy to make sales, I just haven't been pushing myself. I figure if I make AT LEAST 2 sales a day, and at the worst, they're either internet or phone, that's 12 sales a week, and 12x35 ($35 for eash sale,) is $420. $420 plus office overrides, I just need to work harder! I've been slacking too much!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts