Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i don't know what is going on with different web sites giving contradictory info on the bullitt's. carpoint.com says the bullitt has a 265hp and a 275hp engine for the same year with a 9:1 CR. Where maximum-cars.com says its 265hp with a 9.4:1 CR. I have heard from other places that the bullitt has 305hp engine with 320tq. Im fairly new to bullitt's but not mustangs. need help

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
thats what makes these cars so special...nobody knows:D

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I usually tell people 270 hp, 305 tq sounds good too. I'm pretty sure 9.4 is the comp ration.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Go with 275 HP. An interesting tid bit is that our cars were tested on a new HP rating system. The 01 GTs were tested using the old system. If Ford would have tested the GT on the new system it would have only been rated at 250 HP, ten HP less than reported. So even at 265 we have a 15 HP jump over the stock GTs. If the 275 is correct then 25 HP advantage.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I think that I read somewhere that 275 is good for the record. And Ford went conservative due to the Cobra hp overrating fiasco a few years before. I don't remember where that was written, or how valid it is. I think the 275 sounds sooo much better! 310# torque too!:wink:

Also, if you read all the test reports in magazines of the time they lamented the low rating. Yet the Bullitt pulled as well or better than the four cam Mach1, and as well as the Cobra through the quarter. It did not win the drags, but was right there, and those cars have much higher rated engines. Apples to apples...it has more than 265 hp easily.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hmmm, I know we're rated at 305 tq but many bullitts dyno closer to 320, don't they?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
Go with 275 HP. An interesting tid bit is that our cars were tested on a new HP rating system. The 01 GTs were tested using the old system. If Ford would have tested the GT on the new system it would have only been rated at 250 HP, ten HP less than reported. So even at 265 we have a 15 HP jump over the stock GTs. If the 275 is correct then 25 HP advantage.
I like that. :grin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts