Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I have recently developed a squeek, -and a it is fairly loud- when I move my steering wheel, like maybe the pump?. And now my driver side spring has a squeek in it. when I accelerate/decelerate, go over bumps, even getting in or out. Has this ever happend to any one of your cars? I have also stared to notice that when I speed up it sounds like something is loose and ratteling some where in the dash!!! WTF!!!! My freakin' car is falling apart!!!
HEEEEELLLLLPPPP

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
The normal dash rattle is the center vents! I had that problem with 2180. Pulled it out and replaced it. (only because I scratched it putting the shifter in) NO MORE RATTLE. I think some strategically placed 3M double sided tape would have fixed it too! As for the spring squeak try a little wd 40 to find the squeak and then try to get a little grease into that area.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
It could be metal to metal from a worn out isolator. Most upper islators are not installed correctly, most are misaligned and damaged slightly from day one. Pull the spring and look at the upper isolator.

Odds are, at this age it's a combination of a vent issue, the isolator and maybe even a stering boot or something else.

From 60 to 80 thousand miles, the list of problems grows quickly with these cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts