Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When posting pictures it seems like everyone is pointing out what is wrong with their Bullitt (dirty, chipped paint, etc.) before someone else inevitably makes an A-hole comment. It shouldn't be that way...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
I guess they figure they can get it out the way first. I think its ridiculous when people analyze someones picture and notice something way off in the distance that has no relevance to the post and comment on it. Like its a game of photo hunt or something.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,011 Posts
I guess its the nature of the beast huh. personally They are all great cars I know mine needs a paint job in the front.. I agree with you though we should be looking at the positive. everyone has there own view on the perfect car and the best looking mods. but they are all great in there own way. And for a funny side not my Bullitts name is Jersey cause thats where I am from and the whole Coytote ugly thing..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,000 Posts
IMO, when I post pics, I want to hear what others are seeing as being wrong with the car and/or picture. Makes me strive to get things that much more perfect (or as perfect as they can be). I never make an "a-hole comment", but I do point out things that I see, just like I want y'all to point out things that you see about my car/pics. And I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. My $.02.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,082 Posts
Francois Boulet said:
When posting pictures it seems like everyone is pointing out what is wrong with their Bullitt (dirty, chipped paint, etc.) before someone else inevitably makes an A-hole comment. It shouldn't be that way...
Because some people have endless time and money to keep their Bullitts in pristine condition and assume everybody is as fortunate. Or they were raised without manners. I was taught if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. Now, if you showed a picture of your wheel and only had 3 lug nuts on it, in the name of safety, I would comment.
 

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
Joined
·
39,319 Posts
Flipflopp said:
I guess they figure they can get it out the way first. I think its ridiculous when people analyze someones picture and notice something way off in the distance that has no relevance to the post and comment on it. Like its a game of photo hunt or something.
My wife is like that. It will be the most intense scene of a movie, where the entire plot hinges on what is said or happens, and what does she say? "Hey, I used to have a lamp just like that one." Go figure.

I posted a video for kicks called "Steve McQueen Haircut" and someone piped up, "Nice Christmas tree." What ya gonna do? :lol:
 

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
Joined
·
39,319 Posts
4fit? said:
IMO, when I post pics, I want to hear what others are seeing as being wrong with the car and/or picture. Makes me strive to get things that much more perfect (or as perfect as they can be). I never make an "a-hole comment", but I do point out things that I see, just like I want y'all to point out things that you see about my car/pics. And I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. My $.02.
Your wheels are way too shiny, Jeff. They hurt my eyes! Tone it down! :rotfl:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,101 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
Your wheels are way too shiny, Jeff. They hurt my eyes! Tone it down! :rotfl:

your louvers.....ROCK :smile: ......jimbo.....my .02......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,404 Posts
Some point out flaws when not asked, maybe they also have flaws. I know of nothing that is perfect, as mere mortals we are incapable of perfection. To me a perfect car is one that I own and like, regardless of its condition. I do not try to impress.
 

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
Joined
·
39,319 Posts
rblack4405 said:
Some point out flaws when not asked, maybe they also have flaws. I know of nothing that is perfect, as mere mortals we are incapable of perfection. To me a perfect car is one that I own and like, regardless of its condition. I do not try to impress.
I have flaws. I talk too much, for one thing. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,000 Posts
Saying something like "Jeez, what is up with your hood alignment?" is one thing. But saying something like "That's a darn good looking Bullitt right there. Looks like the hood alignment may be off a touch on the driver's side." is something totally different. Nothing wrong with that in the least bit in my opinion.

And Jim, I'll see what I can do about those pesky wheels! :lol:
 

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
Joined
·
39,319 Posts
4fit? said:
Saying something like "Jeez, what is up with your hood alignment?" is one thing. But saying something like "That's a darn good looking Bullitt right there. Looks like the hood alignment may be off a touch on the driver's side." is something totally different. Nothing wrong with that in the least bit in my opinion.

And Jim, I'll see what I can do about those pesky wheels! :lol:
I think the word you're searching for there is "tact," Jeff. :wink:

Whew, glad to hear you're going to do something about those wheels. I was nearly blinded. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,853 Posts
4fit? said:
Exacty. Just wanted to give an illustration. :wink:


Just for you buddy.:cool:
While we are on the subject, I'm not crazy about the color of your car. Who would choose such a color?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,853 Posts
Back to the O.P., If I, or anyone on here has posted in such a way as to offend you, I am sorry. I think, as already mentioned in this thread, that there are people on here with very good intentions and maybe once in a while something might get taken the wrong way.

With only a few exceptions I have only seen good natured constructive criticism on this board. It's what separates IMBOC from most automotive websites.

The moderators do an excellent job of dealing with those who cross the line.

Again, sorry for anything which may have come across wrong in the past....JR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,058 Posts
It's a Good Thing...

My Mods have elicited a host of negative comments in the time I've been on this site. Some of my favorite have been "Is this really a Bullitt?", "Jeez, what was he thinking!", "I'd never do that!", and on and on. (Some times I think I do certain mods just to rile up the troops!) On the other hand, balance comes with the "Wow" and "Nice ride" comments. Positive or negative, the comments always bring a smile to my face because they mean people are looking at the car, and that's what I like.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top