Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year, 8 days before the Nats I spun a bearing on the stock motor. We trashed and with calling in some favours got a motor built, installed and tuned leaving the tuner and driving straight to Myrtle Beach.

A month or so ago I decided to crank things up on the Bullitt. T trim, 60# injectors, external fuel pump with a return fuel system and so on.......

Went to Alabama for the 45th and hit the track while there and the car kept shutting down at 5000rpms. Came back tinkered a bunch and hit the track again.....same result. We concluded the fuel pump was defective and decided to go to a dual pump setup and add a race BOV. Everything was supposed to be done by yesterday. Well, it wasn't. This morning the best we were able to do was get one pump and no BOV. I even called Jeff to let him know I'd still be coming down but I'd be bringing the Shelby which was kind of bumming me out.

At 6:15 tonight I got a call from the wrench to say he located an Aeromotive pump and it was worth a shot. Well, it turns out that was it! Once the pump was changed the car started pulling right up to 7000rpms! Took it for a rip with the slicks on and managed to break them loose even going into 3rd gear.

Once again, at the 11th the Bullitt comes around. Already on the trailer and just about ready to go!

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Way to go Paul. :clap: Looking forward to see you again, in Indy!

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
Good deal. Glad to see you'll be bringing your Bullitt.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
paul lookin forward to meeting you and see your beast run! oh and parkin lot party!

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
There is never a dull moment with Paul - even when things go perfectly.

Did you remember to pack the Portugese sausages??

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Alright Paul glad to hear the Bullitt is gonna make it!! It is always something isn't it?

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
Atta boy, Paul! Now get down there and show those Yanks who's boss!

·
3,389 Posts
There's always an excuse!!! First there was the red light problems... seems to have that one under control now......

Now the latest is the track wasn't properly prepped! Too slick! When does it end!?!? :smile:

Kidding aside, way to represent Paul! And to all that attended, NICE showing! Sounds like you guys had a blast.

Congrats to the organizers as well! Not an easy task to make everyone happy!

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
texasbullitt said:
if he doesn't redlight or blow it up .....

just kidding buddy........show em how a real bullitt runs
He did red light and we thought he had blown it up. Turns out that he just blew a hose. But there's no getting out of the red light.

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
I am glad that Paul was able to bring his Bullitt. Seeing it run was one of the highlights of Nats this year.

Way to go, Paul!

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Paul,

Glad I went and Met You in person ...........

The Track for Us that were running on it was a JOKE .............

We found that out as we watched it being Prepped for the Diesel Trucks the next day ........

So IMHO You (Paul) and the others did an Excellent Job with your Times Based on the

Lousy-Condition of the track...........

tigerhonaker

1 - 17 of 17 Posts