Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,

Next Friday I guess I'll be a Texan.

Thought my sig needed a clean-up. Can't go rollin' into town with an old worn out sig!

I'm tryin' a new one on for size!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Welcome to Texas Wade! Give me a shout when you get settled and I'll show the driving roads in the Hill Country.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Excellent choice of both sig and state. Welcome.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Welcome to your new home Wade. You should really enjoy your time here. I work just 40 - 50 miles up the road from you in San Marcos and live in Buda. What base are you stationed at? BTW, I really like your new SIG.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome to Texas. Kick your shoes off, throw your feet up on the coffee table, and make yourself at home.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
welcome to the great state of texas.... hopefully we all can have a texas round up if the national deal isn't in dallas.. if you are ever up in the dallas/fort worth area let meknow...

·
Registered
30 Posts
As a Texan I thought I would share a few of the things I have learned with you, Wade:

Armadillos sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.

Roadrunners don't say "Beep Beep".

There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 live in Texas and probably a half dozen species or more in your own backyard.

There are 10,000 types of spiders. 9,999 live in Texas.

If it grows, it sticks; if it crawls, it bites.

Nothing will kill a mesquite tree.

Pecan is pronounced "puhcon".

Texas has 6 seasons:

Spring, Feb 16 to April 15
Summer, April 16 to July 15 (temp 90 to 98 degrees)
Super Summer, July 16 to Sept 10 (temp 100 to 115 degrees)
Summer, Sept. 11 to Oct 1 (temp 90 to 98 degrees)
Fall, Oct 2 to Dec. 1
Winter Dec. 2 to Feb 15 The wind blows at 90 MPH (THIS IS EXCESSIVE)
from Oct. 2 until July 15, then it stops totally. (This does not applyto West Texas.)

Onced and Twiced are words

Fire ants consider your flesh as a picnic and they multiply even faster than rabbits.

Coldbeer is one word.

Texans really don't have an accent - it's the rest of the world that talks funny.

When a buzzard sits on the fence and stares at you, it's time to go to the doctor.

"Bakards and Forards" means I know verything about a subject or the way to go if you're giving directions.

"Fixnto" is one word - - and probably one of the most used words in the true Texan's vocabulary.

Hope these words of Texas wisdom are of some help in your transition to the Lone Star state!

Welcome to Teaxs, Wade! It don't git any better 'n here!

-David

·
Registered
378 Posts
Wade, the new signature rocks!!!!! Welcome to the greatest state in the union!!

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i love that new sig Wade!!
man, your baby shines SOOOO fine!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Will you be pulling up in an 18 wheeler that has a box that showcases the "Bullitt Store?"
I hope so Brother, and I hope to see you on the 20th! Now you can tell your gilfriends that your complete, that you're at home ................where everything is big!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Once you get to Texas, you will never want to leave. I have been here 46 years and don't have any plans to leave anytime soon.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome to Texas. I know a great drag strip near Randolph AFB. RiverCity Dragway is about 10 miles east on I-10 from the 1604 Loop.

·
Registered
89 Posts
IT'S GREAT TO HAVE ANOTHER BULLITT OWNER IN
THE LONE STAR STATE WADE.MAKE SURE YOUR AC
IS KICK A** YOUR GOING TO NEED IT HERE.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
No one welcomed me to this pathetic state! I hate you all!!!! =P

Don't feel bad. Being an Okie that I am, I've grown somewhat used to Texas... though how the people get around still completely amazes me as 70% of the population can't drive. 50% of them are illegal aliens or don't have their license. :smile:

JOKING!!! HAHAHAHA.

sorry.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts