Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well not exactly new, we have had it for a little over a month now. We decided to trade in the 04 for a new sport trac as the 04 had a few weird quirks to it, like the heated seats would come on whenever they wanted to. Just stupid stuff like that. So i wanted to keep my payments about the same but have new truck for the wife. We intended on buying another V-6 but found out the new model does not have the flex fuel engine so we opted for the 4.6 V-8 instead. The mileage is turning out to be better than the six was so far we are ranging between 20 and 21 on the freeway and around 18 combined highwy and city. As long as I keep my foot off of it the mileage is fairly good.

It rides way nicer than the 04 as the new ones have a longer wheel base and they also come with independent rear suspension which really improves the ride. We went with the limited version which is fairly well loaded and the best part for my wife as she is only 5'3" is the adjustable foot pedals now she no longer has to sit so near the steering wheel

As you can see I prefer red the first picture shows both the old one and the new one side by side when we went to pick it up. I asked Jan what color she wanted, she said blue, but I order red anyway. I know what a jerk! But hey if you can't have green red is way cooler than blue. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Love the color, hope you enjoy the new ride. I was also looking at the new '07 ST a few months back but wasn't YET sold on new body style and interior changes (specificaly the changes to the arm rests, interior door handles and reduced sunroof size come to mind). I currently have a Red Fire '04 w/53k miles (fully loaded XLT) that I use for my travels/office for work 70% of the time. Everything has been great so far, just replace the tires with the same Wranglers RTS it came with, thats like a first for me to stay stock, but I was impressed with the handling, ride quality and life of these goodyears.

Maybe you could provide another review in a few months

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I like the Redfire paint that Ford has been using the past few years. That truck looks good too! And side by side it really opens a fellas eyes up. The new one is based like the old one on the Explorer platform and the independent rear suspension is way cool on a pickup. Just not enough length in the bed for me. I like the idea of a 4 X 8 sheet of whatever laying down. I carry so much of it you know....LOL!

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Nice truck! I too like the Redfire CC Metallic. The V-8 is definitely the way to go.

Here's an '05 I picked up a few months ago:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Hey jeff that is a sweet lookin ride.

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The redfire CC s definitely a nice color and holds up well to dust and dirt as it does not show quite as easy as a darker color. I really like my old Sport Trac, otherwise I would not have bought another one but like I said that one had a few issues. I went through two sets of tires on the old one plus a ball joint all before 55k and it was starting to act like it did when I had the first ball joint replaced so it was time for it to go.

The interior is definitely different than the old especially the door handles they take some getting used to and whenever someone new rides in the truck they have to ask how to get out of it. The larger sunroof is great and the controls for the heated seats are now up front in the center as opposed to hidden down on the side of the seat.

I have hauled plenty of dryway with my old Sport Trac with the extended gate you can easily load 4x8 sheets in it and I have loaded twenty 1/2" sheets in one load with no difficulty. The new bed extender is a slightly different design than the old one and does not seem to be as robust as the 04/05 models gate. For a family of four this works pretty nice as an all around vehicle plenty of room for the kids, luggage and even the dog.

The 3 valve V8 is rated at 292 hp not bad but as the vehicle is fairly heavy, a little over 4500 lbs, it still gets it moving pretty quickly.

I will keep you all updated. So far it is hands above the 04 in ride and comfort.

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts