Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all. Just purchased my 08 Bullitt a couple months ago and have several questions -

1. Is it normal that the rear axle has rust? Apparently Ford never painted it.

2. Where does the temp gauge run with normal driving - is it at half way, a quarter?
Mine is running at the half way point.

3. Have any of you noticed if the steering column is centered or more towards the left? On mine I can put my finger in between the steering column and the dash board on the right hand side - on the left side I can barely put a finger nail in there.

4. With Ambient lighting are the Bullitt door sills suppossed to light up? Does the dashboard change colors? The only thing I can get to change colors is the cup holders.

5. When you close the doors with the windows up do the windows move in for a more tight lock and fit - in other words do the windows move when the door is closed?

Thanks everyone - my dealer hasn't been able to answer my questions and I don't know anyone with a Bullitt close to me. Live in Temecula, CA. Anybody else out there in my area?

Thanks for any help/input you can give me.

bullitt1862
Ed Burns
[email protected]

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Premium Member
4,215 Posts
bullitt1862 said:
Hi to all. Just purchased my 08 Bullitt a couple months ago and have several questions -

1. Is it normal that the rear axle has rust? Apparently Ford never painted it.

2. Where does the temp gauge run with normal driving - is it at half way, a quarter?
Mine is running at the half way point.

3. Have any of you noticed if the steering column is centered or more towards the left? On mine I can put my finger in between the steering column and the dash board on the right hand side - on the left side I can barely put a finger nail in there.

4. With Ambient lighting are the Bullitt door sills suppossed to light up? Does the dashboard change colors? The only thing I can get to change colors is the cup holders.

5. When you close the doors with the windows up do the windows move in for a more tight lock and fit - in other words do the windows move when the door is closed?

Thanks everyone - my dealer hasn't been able to answer my questions and I don't know anyone with a Bullitt close to me. Live in Temecula, CA. Anybody else out there in my area?

Thanks for any help/input you can give me.

bullitt1862
Ed Burns
[email protected]

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.
Welcome to IMBOC. There are others who can provide more complete answers, But I will give what I know:

1. Yes that is "normal" and there are several threads on the subject
2. Mine reads half way for normal operating conditions
3. Have not noticed, Will ck mine later,( perhaps its related to the adj steering wheel height?)
4. Not the doorsills. The My Color feature allows the user to change the color of the dash/instrument panel. Ck your owners book.
5. Perfectly normal.
Hope this helps. BTW, there are many Bullittheads in your area.:dhg08:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike for your quick help. Let me know when you've checked your steering column. Hopefully others will respond too. Ed

·
Registered
29,355 Posts

Welcome to IMBOC the Ultimate Site on the internet for Bullitt Mustang

Owners.

You are going to like being a Member here as the Members are 1st Class

and there is just a Ton of Information here for the asking !!!!!!!!

tigerhonaker

·
Premium Member
4,215 Posts
bullitt1862 said:
Thanks Mike for your quick help. Let me know when you've checked your steering column. Hopefully others will respond too. Ed
Ed, checked mine. Using the "finger" test, I seem to have pretty much equal gap all around the steering column. Perhaps the dash trim panels can be adjusted. May create more problems...Still have the dealer ck on it on the next visit.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Welcome to IMBOC. I am in Poway, and there are several other Bullittheads nearby as well. *maybe a mini Bullitt meet needs to be planned? :)*

Anyways, I don't have an 08 Bullitt, but my mom has an 08 GT with the Ambient Lighting option, and it is supposed to allow you to change the cupholders and floorboard lighting colors. If you go thru the menu on the dash it should give you an option to adjust it all. If you can't find it I'm sure one of us can help you out in person some time.

I also know that her steering column is equally spaced on both sides. You might simply have one that is slightly "off". Which isn't necessarily uncommon with overall build quality issues. Don't get me wrong, Ford has come along way with the S197 models compared to previous generations, but minor inconsistency isn't impossible with a mass produced product. Check the dash panels and see if you can adjust it manually.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
marichardson said:
Welcome to IMBOC. There are others who can provide more complete answers, But I will give what I know:

1. Yes that is "normal" and there are several threads on the subject
2. Mine reads half way for normal operating conditions
3. Have not noticed, Will ck mine later,( perhaps its related to the adj steering wheel height?)
4. Not the doorsills. The My Color feature allows the user to change the color of the dash/instrument panel. Ck your owners book.
5. Perfectly normal.
Hope this helps. BTW, there are many Bullittheads in your area.:dhg08:
Welcome to IMBOC and enjoy your Bullitt. Same answers for me and my gaps around the steering column are pretty even. The only ambient lighting that you will be able to see during the day is in the cupholder, so check it out at night.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
tigerhonaker said:

Welcome to IMBOC the Ultimate Site on the internet for Bullitt Mustang

Owners.

You are going to like being a Member here as the Members are 1st Class

and there is just a Ton of Information here for the asking !!!!!!!!

tigerhonaker

Terry,

Love the new look with all the Mods.
Would love to get together sometime.

Al (in Bon Aqua)

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
In reference to your #5. The windows are designed to do that. Better seal for driving down the road, and it cuts the wear and tear on the sealing foam around the doorway. If the window didn't go down when you opened the door it would be rubbing the foam sealer and wearing it out. Same on closure, reverse proceedure. That is all.:neutral:

Welcome to the site!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts