Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great car. Mine is #5009 with 72,000 miles. Question though, mine lacks the engine turned dash treatment. How common is that?

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Does it have the Bullitt horn button or is it missing also?
I'd have a car fax run on it to see if the airbags have been deployed, the dash might have been changed to match the new passenger side air bag cover, finding one of those is like finding a unicorn.
Also check the vin number against the vin number on the strut tower brace to verify they match.
Never seen a Bullitt without the turned dash.

Gary

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Horn button is Bullitt as is everything else. It ticks all the boxes with exception of the dash. Vin on brace matches dash and title. I’ve seen a vin check but not Carfax. It didn’t indicate anything major. I’m pretty good with accident forensics though it did get hit in the rear right corner not long ago, hard to see evidence of front collision. New rear bumper. I can see the blend but I also paint for a living so there is that.
No indication of front end collision. All other Bullitt markings present including sills. I guess maybe I’ll spring for a Carfax... maybe.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Congrats & welcome. Did the dealer, or PO have any insight to your dash situation?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The PO is the second owner, purchased in 2010 and says it was that way when he got it. Vin check confirms the ownership and mileage story.

I see CJ Pony has 3 different part numbers for these dash pieces. A center, passenger and passenger airbag. Id there a driver side component to this? Any idea of exactly how many pieces to restore this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ps, seems the car was registered here back in 2010 by the second owner. And his listing a couple of months ago. No, I did not pay near that. Note the black dash.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
It's got the satin bezzles around the gauges and a/c vents, those only were available on the Bullitt and the Shelby 500, the a/c vents just pop out, it is nearly impossible to change the gauge surround without destroying it.

Gary

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Gary. Thanks for the response. Are you suggesting this Bullitt may have come with the black dash intended for a Shelby 500?

It's got the satin bezzles around the gauges and a/c vents, those only were available on the Bullitt and the Shelby 500, the a/c vents just pop out, it is nearly impossible to change the gauge surround without destroying it.

Gary

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
The Shelby 500 dash isn't black, it's a dark grey/bronze color with little raised dots in a pattern, I don't know what you have, I've never seen a black dash with the satin trim or a Bullitt without a turned aluminum dash, the mystery continues.

Gary

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for your help. My poor choice of description. It is as you describe, dark grey/bronze with texture. Looking through pics on the internet, it is a Shelby 500 dash. Yes, mystery continues...

·
Premium Member
14,122 Posts
Airbags deployed, then shop decided to remove the trim rather than replace the passenger side? Is the trim even still available from Ford?

Just guessing...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts