Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering why Ford wasn't able to finish the 7700 Bullitts up in 08?
Did they ever give a reason? It doesn't matter to me one way or the other.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,235 Posts
Ford's Mustang sales are down more than 40%. Not too many people willing to spend that kind of money for that type car,with oil heading for $150 a barrel!
There are some good muscle cars coming out now,but the timing is terrible.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Weren't Mustangs Built in 07 for the bullitt's before our economy went bad?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
My take is that dealerships in the Portland, Oregon area were asking between $2000 to $5000 over the full sticker price for a nicely appointed Black Mustang GT.

I think the total price kept the car from selling. There are still Bullitt's sitting in both of the local dealerships (Landmark Ford and Hiller's) for over three months now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,857 Posts
to provide performance cars to enthusiasts with better gas mileage due to rising oil / gas costs , FORD is making a ''bullitt'' focus in mid 09 in three colors , black , blue and green.... manual only ...wow cant wait



just kidding..............
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just was wondering what Ford said on why they couldn't get all the 7700 Bullitts out in 08?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,857 Posts
BlackPony said:
I just was wondering what Ford said on why they couldn't get all the 7700 Bullitts out in 08?
not enough demand , so they decided rather then just cut off with the 08's, they would continue into 09 after the 08 production run for all mustangs was hit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
The 01 Bullitt was special, even though it is lost in the crowd of SVT Cobra's and piles of Fobra's (fake Cobra's, you know, stock GT's with SVT stickers and snake emblems every where).

The 2008/2009 Bullitt's suffer from getting lost in the crowd of hundreds of tuners (Saleen, Roush, Shelby, Foose, the list goes on). My gosh, a local dealership, Hiller's Mid City Ford in Woodburn, Oregon is now making tuner Mustang's. They take a Stock Mustang GT, lower it, put on a cold air kit, retune it, put a turttle on the trunk, a nav system, and sell it for a good profit.

It has to be hard to move a sinister looking 2008/9 Black Bullitt with all of the Red, Yellow, and other bright shouty cars out there, lol.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
13,266 Posts
I would agree with what has been said. The Bullitt is an order driven SE. So if not enough were ordered and they did not complete the 7700 in 08. Ford doesn't just crank them out. Like GTs.

Another issue for Ford is they purchased the rights to build 7700 cars form WB and McQueen family. When they built the 01s they didn't complete the run of 6500 but did not carry over to the next model year so they wasted those rights.
 

·
Car Whisperer
Joined
·
21,377 Posts
Guess they didn't learn from the first time then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,012 Posts
BKs01Bullitt said:
My take is that dealerships in the Portland, Oregon area were asking between $2000 to $5000 over the full sticker price for a nicely appointed Black Mustang GT.

I think the total price kept the car from selling. There are still Bullitt's sitting in both of the local dealerships (Landmark Ford and Hiller's) for over three months now.
I agree (although Hillyer's has sold all of theirs but still have the GT500s) ADMs are never good for sales. Dealers who were willing to sell at MSRP and below have pretty much sold all of theirs

Ford seemed to have a slow start in builds, and was also slow in filling Customer orders (as opposed to Dealer stock orders), especially to the West Coast.
Then in the same build time they had to add in cars for the GT500KR programme.
Also, the 2008 job2 run was shortened for an earlier start of the 2009 job1, which in turn is a short model run year before they start building 2010's in Feb 2009.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,012 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
I would agree with what has been said. The Bullitt is an order driven SE. So if not enough were ordered and they did not complete the 7700 in 08. Ford doesn't just crank them out. Like GTs.

Another issue for Ford is they purchased the rights to build 7700 cars form WB and McQueen family. When they built the 01s they didn't complete the run of 6500 but did not carry over to the next model year so they wasted those rights.
All vehicles are order driven, if it isn't a customer order it is a dealer stock or Fleet order.
They don't build vehicles without a place to send them
 

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
Joined
·
39,283 Posts
texasbullitt said:
to provide performance cars to enthusiasts with better gas mileage due to rising oil / gas costs , FORD is making a ''bullitt'' focus in mid 09 in three colors , black , blue and green.... manual only ...wow cant wait



just kidding..............
Focus? I heard they were bringing back the Pinto with a special MPG Bullitt package (kidding as well).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,012 Posts
texasbullitt said:
to provide performance cars to enthusiasts with better gas mileage due to rising oil / gas costs , FORD is making a ''bullitt'' focus in mid 09 in three colors , black , blue and green.... manual only ...wow cant wait



just kidding..............
Obviously, since we all know they are building a 'Bullitt' Festiva :cool:
 

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
Joined
·
39,283 Posts
RCSignals said:
I agree (although Hillyer's has sold all of theirs but still have the GT500s) ADMs are never good for sales. Dealers who were willing to sell at MSRP and below have pretty much sold all of theirs

Ford seemed to have a slow start in builds, and was also slow in filling Customer orders (as opposed to Dealer stock orders), especially to the West Coast.
Then in the same build time they had to add in cars for the GT500KR programme.
Also, the 2008 job2 run was shortened for an earlier start of the 2009 job1, which in turn is a short model run year before they start building 2010's in Feb 2009.
I think whoever "projected" the sales of the new Bullitt dropped the ball. Of course, they could've never forseen the "highjacking" on the oil prices, or the subsequent drop in the economy. Simple supply and demand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
I think whoever "projected" the sales of the new Bullitt dropped the ball. Of course, they could've never forseen the "highjacking" on the oil prices, or the subsequent drop in the economy. Simple supply and demand.
You got that right!

This stuff (Special Edition Bullitt) has to be set up at least a year in advance, no? It must be really hard (impossible?) to predict how buyers will respond to a remake of the Bullitt.

Maybe Ford just thought "build them and they will come"?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
BKs01Bullitt said:
This stuff (Special Edition Bullitt) has to be set up at least a year in advance, no? It must be really hard (impossible?) to predict how buyers will respond to a remake of the Bullitt.
I really feel for FOMOCO.
It did a great job with the 2008+ Bullitts and now they are sitting unsold, along with most other vehicles. :cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,753 Posts
We also need to consider that the market this car is aimed at is shrinking. This car is not aimed at the kids. They want bright colors with wings and things (that burns rice). The generation that remembers the "stealth" look and remembers the orginial Bullitt is ageing. While many appreciate the car and the looks, they perfer to drive the Lincons and Caddys. I do not think Ford will do another edition of the Bullitt because the generation that appreicates what this represents will be disappearing. Just MHO.
 

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
Joined
·
39,283 Posts
walc said:
I really feel for FOMOCO.
It did a great job with the 2008+ Bullitts and now they are sitting unsold, along with most other vehicles. :cry:
It's not just Bullitts, as you point out. It's SUVs, pickup trucks, Hummers, Caddys and everything else that's perceived as a "gas hog." Thank OPEC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
969 Posts
jackdw852,

you hit nail on the head! no wings or bright colors here. i drive a white towncar and the new bullitt. one for comfort, one for fun. lately i find myself gravitating towards the bullitt more than the lincoln. imagine that??? the bullitt is my dd-if you can call it that(i work at home), and i use the lincoln for going into the city and longer road trips. funny thing about the towncar...people will get out of your way on the interstate when they see you coming up behind them quickly. then one day i realized the towncar looks like a cop car from a distance. low key speed is the need.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top