Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I spoke with the current and original owner (Bob) via telephone and am passing this information along for anyone that may be interested. I'm not listing a price since that will need to be negotiated with the owner.
  • 31.6 (thirty-one point six) miles on the odometer
  • Dark Highland Green, serialization number 00346
  • Factory configuration, no modifications
  • Original factory plastic and window decals intact
  • Garage stored since purchased new by current and original owner in 2001
  • Numerous Bullitt memorabilia items included
  • Located in the Atlanta, GA area
  • Contact information: Bob, 770-843-4683, [email protected]

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
Hi Guys,
It would be better to buy a car that had been driven at least 500 miles per year. Even if the car has been started every month, nothing else has been working. I would be concerned with failures of various bearings, gears, seals, air conditioning compressor, electrical contacts, computer etc. And if the car has been stored in a non-heated, non-dehumidified space, the risk is much worse.

What do you think, guys?

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
PhotoRick said:
Hi Guys,
It would be better to buy a car that had been driven at least 500 miles per year. Even if the car has been started every month, nothing else has been working. I would be concerned with failures of various bearings, gears, seals, air conditioning compressor, electrical contacts, computer etc. And if the car has been stored in a non-heated, non-dehumidified space, the risk is much worse.

What do you think, guys?
I was thinking the same thing, Rick. I had a friend that had a 1986 GT Conv. that he never drove and when he sold it 7 years later a bunch of stuff like hoses and fluids needed to be replaced because they were dried out.

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
Colin that has to be the guy who is the lead car salesman at Gene Evans Ford, Union City Atlanta.
I met him last year. He lives near the dealership and only drove it a few times for half a mile or so.
He was looking for better than 30 grand for the car.

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
Colin yes it is I just found his business card and confirmed the car number.
I offered to drive him home to look at the car but he was too busy and had something to do after work.

PS. I use this dealership for most of my parts as they ship to me in the UK
and I visit and drink with the parts man who has also been over here.

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
English Bob said:
Colin that has to be the guy who is the lead car salesman at Gene Evans Ford, Union City Atlanta.
I met him last year. He lives near the dealership and only drove it a few times for half a mile or so.
He was looking for better than 30 grand for the car.
Same individual, Bob...although he no longer works for GEF.

He had mentioned your name a few times during phone conversation yesterday.

Also, I didn't make any arrangements to take pics. He may have some that can be e-mailed if he is contacted.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I'm sure it is a BEAUTIFUL example of a pristine ultra low mile 2001 Bullitt.

But 30K? Come on, that is crazy talk. That is essentially double the NADA value of the car.

It is worth considerably more than NADA value, but twice as much is a stretch.

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
Bullitt_5135 said:
I'm sure it is a BEAUTIFUL example of a pristine ultra low mile 2001 Bullitt.

But 30K? Come on, that is crazy talk. That is essentially double the NADA value of the car.

It is worth considerably more than NADA value, but twice as much is a stretch.
Yup,
Even at 20K he would have a tough time finding a buyer. Bullitts depreciate even if they have been driven only 31 miles. That's one of several reasons that they SHOULD be driven. (HA! Look who's talking: two 01 Bullitts driven a total of 26K)

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
I bought the 08 Bullitt he ordered...

English Bob said:
Colin yes it is I just found his business card and confirmed the car number.
I offered to drive him home to look at the car but he was too busy and had something to do after work.

PS. I use this dealership for most of my parts as they ship to me in the UK
and I visit and drink with the parts man who has also been over here.
Bob, GEF is my dealership too. I live 12 miles away, so if you will ever be in town to visit them let me know. I bought the 08 Bullitt that Bob W. ordered but did not not buy when the car came in- his name is on my sticker. It makes me wonder if my car was walked through the assembly line, which I am told is something that can be done for Ford employees who order vehicles.

Ken

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
PhotoRick said:
Hi Guys,

What do you think, guys?
I agree. I'd be afraid to take it out anywhere. He needs to put another 3 miles on it so that it's 34.6 miles to match the Bullitt number. :wink:

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
what a waste to have a car sit and rot

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
BB2008 said:
Bob, GEF is my dealership too. I live 12 miles away, so if you will ever be in town to visit them let me know. I bought the 08 Bullitt that Bob W. ordered but did not not buy when the car came in- his name is on my sticker. It makes me wonder if my car was walked through the assembly line, which I am told is something that can be done for Ford employees who order vehicles.

Ken
Ken say hello to Rick Stark in parts. He is friend who I have visited and he has been over here as well

1 - 13 of 13 Posts