Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Not surprising. I good friend bought an 08 Dodge Ram crew cab in July, leather, 5.7 hemi, 20 chrome rims, navigation, etc. sticker of $34,000. He paid $18,000 plus ttl. And that was BEFORE this recent collapse. He was going to wait a couple of years and buy a new truck when he retired, because he did not need it yet, but the deal was too good to pass up at the time. GM alone is going to have to close 2000 or so dealerships, can you imagine the kind of going out of business sales a car dealer would have? Somebody is going to get some good deals, that is if anyone can afford it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I gotta stop reading these things, I'm gonna go nuts lol!!!

I could've bought two of these babies!!! But it's all good, it's like the housing market, who would have predicted things would get so bad. If I had the money I'd get one now as a daily commuter!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Just talked to a guy at galpin ford and it looks like they have one left at that price....and I asked him about the GT500 and he said that he could only go down to $46,000 and that is still to much...

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
user to have a friend who was a car salesman his whole working life when I would bring up an add like that he would always tell me not to be a chump that those cars really didnt exist.As the saying goes if its to good to be true it usually isnt true

·
Registered
718 Posts
first ford said:
user to have a friend who was a car salesman his whole working life when I would bring up an add like that he would always tell me not to be a chump that those cars really didnt exist.As the saying goes if its to good to be true it usually isnt true
True. Galpin Ford is the "largest" RIP-OFF dealer on the West Coast. How do you think they got to be No. 1? IF they actually had 40 GT's at that price, there would be a catch to the sales. I know from personal experience years ago... and I took a walk.

Note: They STILL have 19 HG and 6 Black Bullitts on their lot.

·
Registered
254 Posts
True, if it does sound too good to be true.....

Probably something else that is tacked on, like a mandatory 5000 dollar package of clearcoat protection, paint treatment, dent plan, etc., and a mandatory supplemental 5000 'unforseen damages' insurance, lol.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
this is not exactly 40 new Bullitts at that price

December 9, 2008
Calif. Ford dealer offers 'unprecedented' Mustang GT sale
Galpin Ford, the California dealership that claims the No. 1 volume Ford dealer in the world title, says it's offering to sell40 Mustang GTs with an MSRPs of $28,160 for the "extraordinary low price" of $18,995. Galpin says it recently obtained the 2008 Mustang GT V8 Coupe vehicles from a special performance fleet at a significantly reduced price and is passing saving on to customers for a limited time.

“As the largest volume Ford and Mustang dealer in the world, we are able to offer enthusiasts such exclusive low prices on their favorite vehicles,” said Terry Miller, General Sales Manager for Galpin Ford. “This opportunity came to Galpin and we are very excited to extend this unprecedented offer to our customers.”

The 2008 Mustang GT has a 4.6 ltr 300hp V8 engine, power windows, power door locks, cruise control, tilt wheel, 17” premium painted cast aluminum wheels, anti-lock brakes, traction control, 6 way power drivers seat, interior upgrade package, and a Shaker 500 audio system with six disc CD player and MP3.

In business more than 60 years, Galpin Motors is the world’s largest volume Ford dealership for the 18th consecutive year. Its headquarters is in Los Angeles’ San Fernando Valley. Galpin automobile brands include Aston Martin, Ford, Jaguar, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda, Honda, Panoz, Saturn and Volvo.
from a special performance fleet? what does that mean? from an upfitter who didn't 'upfit' them? Saleen maybe, who has been having problems again? I read that Saleen is actually for sale again.
Are these 'used' fleet vehicles? If they are new the price probably is with Employee pricing and Ford rebate.

·
Registered
14,863 Posts
these were base gt's taht were destined for conversion elsewhere and didn't make it there for whatever reason....... they are then offered to a dealer in quantity/ lots at reduced $$$$'s as incentive to dealers to but them
they should be NEW with open msrp

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
texasbullitt said:
these were base gt's taht were destined for conversion elsewhere and didn't make it there for whatever reason....... they are then offered to a dealer in quantity/ lots at reduced $$$$'s as incentive to dealers to but them
they should be NEW with open msrp
That was my interpretation of it.
I wonder where they were destined for? My guess is Saleen.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
RCSignals said:
That was my interpretation of it.
I wonder where they were destined for? My guess is Saleen.
These cars were at Saleen's Cali location- I reviewed the auction items online and there was some killer deals- no shipping customer pickup only-

Saleen Inc Auctioning Off The Whole Store

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would appear it is OVER. Saleen is holding an online auction on 8/12/08, selling literally everything from unsold cars, all their parts, tools, furniture, fax machines - EVERYTHING....

AutoWeek

Need some spiffy parts for your Ford Mustang or F-150, or have a hankering for some shop tools and fixtures? What about an '08 Mustang?

If so, the folks at ASC Holdings/Saleen Inc. might be able to help you out on Aug. 12.

The suburban-Detroit-based specialty vehicle manufacturer is consolidating its operations and clearing old stock and parts via a one-day online auction.

The auction catalog, which can be seen at http://www.1800lastbid.com/auction/l...gory=806430580, has a wide variety of items, including tables, three-axis measuring machines and shop tools.

Here are some of the items that would grab an enthusiast's eye:

-- 20 brand-new 2008 Ford Mustang GT coupes.

-- Multiple sets of new, aftermarket wheels for Ford Mustangs and F-150 pickups.

-- A wide variety of interior and exterior trim pieces for Mustangs and F-150 pickups.

-- A variety of suspension pieces and underhood pieces for Mustangs and F-150s.

The auction is set to run from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. It is open to the public.

=-=-=-=-

·
Registered
969 Posts
cha-ching!!!

i remember seeing awhile back on some other mustang forums where a fellow was selling all kinds of mustang parts that he purchased from the saleen auction. he was offering rims, brakes, interior parts, etc...at pretty good prices if indeed these were items you were looking to purchase.

i would say that the bath that the dealer would be taking on these gt's is a green one ($$$$). i could see where the dealer may have bought the first gt for sale at maybe 12-15k, and then said he would purchase the lot of them. then market them for 19k. can you say cha-ching? smart move on his part, and he deserves to make the money for offering brand new great american sports cars for less than market value.

it may turn out that some fortunate people will be driving new mustangs that may otherwise not have been able to af-ford them. now there is a car buyers dealer!---if what i have ventured is true.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
In this case I agree with you on the 'bath. These aren't cars bought by the dealer for stock, if they were he couldn't sell them that low without special consideration from Ford. Since they are Saleen fire sale cars, they are probably making out well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.